Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cavs pick up Shaq

If you're signing Shaq for one year and nothing else? GREAT TRADE! If you're looking for a big man to convince LJ to stay past next year? Epic Fail.

See that's the issue here. You guys are all assuming that this trade is to make LBJ stay! I never even considered that cause it just doesn't make any sense (not that NBA teams make sense often with their roster moves).

I don't see how this trade should be analyzed as anything more than a team simply trying to win a ring in the singular next season.

And yeah, he's going to NY. ZERO doubt about it in my mind.

cavs need a better outside shooter who can pull it off in the clutch if they want to win a ring. just sayin'

no fucking extension before he plays a single fucking game. What a dick to even try that shit. I don't mind getting him for a year, and if he plays beast....fine, give him an extension. But Yao might be available next year, so if we give him an extension it's got to be at a seriously discount. Which of course he won't go for. Dude's got like maybe a year or two left.

Traded last night.

Cavs get:
Shaq

Suns get:
Sasha Pavlovic
Ben Wallace
Cavs 46th (2nd round draft pick) and 500,000k

one year deal but the 37yr old o'neal is looking for an extension

discuss.

Cavs really lose nothing in the deal, IMO. Shaq had a surprisingly good year this season. Cavs got raped by D Howard in the playoffs, which Shaq may have helped a little bit (he's not much on D anymore, though and D Howard would run the fucking floor all over his old/fat ass). In the East, I like the trade for one year. Maybe it'll be the thing that pushes the Cavs past the "philadelphia eagles in the playoffs" stage (always a bridesmaid, never the bride).

This also now puts two of my most hated NBA players on the same team, so yay for me.

The bold statement seems very wise to me. But they have to have another go to when outside shots are not working and everyone is on Lebron. I think this helps in a post up situation.

And yeah, he's going to NY. ZERO doubt about it in my mind.

keep dreamin, he was going to NY when jz was gettin his band together in brooklyn. But now that fell through, you think the Knicks are going to entice him? Not as they currently are. The knicks would have to prove to him that they've already landed one of the TOP 2010 free agents. So like if they nab wade or bosh or one of the other studs. But if those chinese minority owners convince yao to come to cleveland, Lebron's going nowhere.

keep dreamin, he was going to NY when jz was gettin his band together in brooklyn. But now that fell through, you think the Knicks are going to entice him? Not as they currently are. The knicks would have to prove to him that they've already landed one of the TOP 2010 free agents. So like if they nab wade or bosh or one of the other studs. But if those chinese minority owners convince yao to come to cleveland, Lebron's going nowhere.

The sole reason why I believe he's headed to NY (regardless of how pathetic the Knicks are) is because from what I understand he's a raging egomaniac (to be expected) and has grand plans of world domination. Can't do that from Cleveland.

If you're a pro athlete and want to cement your name as the greatest brand in the universe, where do you go? Cleveland?

No, NYC. No second thoughts about it. And he managed to take a pretty shitty Cleveland team far in the playoffs for several years, so why can't he do it in NY?

I think he had something to do with bringing in the chinese owners........something tells me he's just not leaving. His boys apparently want him to stay now too. That's probably the biggest thing going for cleveland right now. The guys he's got running his business are all tied here to akron. With the money they're going to be making, and the exposure they're going to be getting in china......they can hop a private jet to New york for a weekend, or anywhere else for that matter. In today's world I'm not so sure it matters anymore where a guy plays. Lebron would be tearing shit up in milwaukee just as much as in New York. Garnett didn't leave for boston cause of "boston", he left cause they had Allen, Pierce and two really solid interior lineman that could free him up from doing the heavy lifting, which he's not built for. You go where you can win chamipionships nowadays, not where the "hot spots" are. I'm not saying Lebron doesn't have an ego, all of em do......but I don't think it's the size you think it is. "Right now", ego wise he's not even remotely in Kobe's league......so I guess it's a relative statement. I know guys that went to school with him and one of my best friends sister worked as a bartender for one of his parties.......they honestly say he's not "that" bad. He comes off like any ole high school jock, so for sure there's some ego there.

I'm no basketball expert, but from what i've read there's a very good reason the Knicks stink. He might be able to get them to the playoffs, but he doesn't care about playoffs.....he wants to go to the finals. Can he beat the Magic and the Celtics with the Knicks? Unlikely. The addition of shaq "may" get them to the finals if shaq plays halfway decent. Howard didn't have to do any heavy lifting against us in ECF, with shaq he's going to have to bang with a 320 pound dude both offensively and defensively who's going go be spelled by another 7 footer in zydrunas. It has the "potential" to be a nasty interior especially if in some packages they decide to leave zydrunas and shaq in at the same time. I honestly though don't think the problem against the magic was Howard though.........it was those ridiculous almost 7ft guards that can drain 3's all night long. Mo and Delonte cannot guard that no matter how much interior pressure is taken off with the addition of shaq. We need to pick up a tall guard.

The sole reason why I believe he's headed to NY (regardless of how pathetic the Knicks are) is because from what I understand he's a raging egomaniac (to be expected) and has grand plans of world domination. Can't do that from Cleveland.

If you're a pro athlete and want to cement your name as the greatest brand in the universe, where do you go? Cleveland?

No, NYC. No second thoughts about it. And he managed to take a pretty shitty Cleveland team far in the playoffs for several years, so why can't he do it in NY?

Top Bottom