Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Case against Kobe looking weaker...

Colorado law sets a relatively low standard of proof for ordering a case to trial and requires the judge to interpret evidence in a way that favors toward the prosecution.
In his nine-page ruling, Gannett said prosecutors had presented “a minimal amount of evidence,” but blood on the woman’s underwear and on Bryant’s T-shirt were evidence of “submission and force.”
He also said a statement from the woman that she was raped, which has not been introduced in open court, couldn’t be ignored.
“The court finds that the evidence, taken in a light most favorable to the prosecution, is sufficient to ‘induce a reasonable belief’ that defendant committed sexual assault as charged,” Gannett said.
Gannett’s comments on the evidence indicate he had questions about the prosecution’s case, legal analysts said.
“Judge Gannett is holding his nose while he passes this case to the next level,” said Craig Silverman, a Denver defense attorney and former prosecutor.
Judges normally don’t issue written rulings after preliminary hearings, and the fact that Gannett wrote his suggests the case is fraught with difficulties, said Scott Robinson, a Denver attorney.
It is probably gratifying to the defense that the judge has gently taken the prosecution to task for the limited amount of evidence presented, but that is probably of little solace,” he said.
“The reality is that unless there is significantly more substantial evidence available at trial, and a suitable explanation for some of the puzzling physical evidence which surfaced last week, a conviction looks like a completely unlikely scenario,” he said.

While it is true that prosecutors wouldn't normally present all of its best evidence at this point, i would think that considering the publicity of this case and its importance the prosecution would have presented a little more than it already has.

I have never believed that he did it. He is intelligent. If the girl is proven to be a liar, she should get the same sentence that he would have gotten, and any scumbag accomplices as well.

biteme said:
I have never believed that he did it. He is intelligent. If the girl is proven to be a liar, she should get the same sentence that he would have gotten, and any scumbag accomplices as well.
I concur.....

Also the prosecutors that brought this case against him. Who may have just been looking for fame. Those dumbass pieces of shit should get some time also if he is proven innocent, because they were claiming he was guilty from the get go.

biteme said:
Also the prosecutors that brought this case against him. Who may have just been looking for fame. Those dumbass pieces of shit should get some time also if he is proven innocent, because they were claiming he was guilty from the get go.

Yup, they realized that even the losers in the OJ case, became famous and put out books and made millions. its a win, win for the prosecution.

Even if he is found Not Guilty at trial, he is still going to pay the
price for his sexual stupidity and marital Infidelity in his BB career and marketability IMO.

Y_Lifter said:
Even if he is found Not Guilty at trial, he is still going to pay the
price for his sexual stupidity and marital Infidelity in his BB career and marketability IMO.

yeah it seems he loses out either way, just one way he loses a lot more.:( i hate basketball but i hate people that blackmail and do things like that.

As it is, Kobe stands to lose 12 million a year in endorsement deals. Over a ten year period that is about 120 million that he will lose just for being unfaithful and tarnishing his golden boy image.

he is innocent -IMO

sh4dowf4lcon said:
As it is, Kobe stands to lose 12 million a year in endorsement deals. Over a ten year period that is about 120 million that he will lose just for being unfaithful and tarnishing his golden boy image.

he is innocent -IMO

I agree to a point. He is 100 percent guilty of cheating on his wife. And if he loses 100 million because of it, you will not see me cry. And once he is acquitted he will regain those endorsments. Look at Ray lewis. He was involved in the murder of someone (and was acquitted) and is now back in commercials. And he is no kobe bryant.

Top Bottom