Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can we talk Football assholes.

• Thread starter Thread starter HighIntensity
  • Start date Start date
bigschweeler said:

Sorry, but the Cowboys have no chance at all this year. They don't have a legitimate starting QB (Carter or Hutchinson..please), and Hambrick is an untested RB. Plus they just don't have the talent. There defense will be OK, but I see them struggling to put any points on the board.

They'll probably start out 2-6, or 1-7 but will finish strong..maybe 4-4. So I see them at 6-10 best case.

Totally agree with you but hey they're my team.

:)

Bodhisattva said:

Totally agree with you but hey they're my team.

:)

Yeah I know what you mean.

The Vikings are mine and they've lose four Super Bowls, and had the absolutely heart breaking loss to Atlanta in the '98 championship.

Re: Re: Re: Can we talk Football assholes.

bigschweeler said:

They also picked up Takeo Spikes and Sam Adams. You're right the division is probably the toughest in football so it will be difficult, but I think they have a shot.

whoa, I didn't know that about spikes and adams.

Since that division is so tough look for a lot of splits during the head to head matchups, which will all cost the winner of that division home field advantage in the playoffs. 9-7 will probably win that division, with two or three teams having a 9-7 record.

I love pittsburgh's offense (maddox, zereoue, plaxico, ward, randel el, reimersma and bettis in the wings). However, their defense hasn't been the same. Last nights game (even if it is preaseason) was just an awful display of defense against an AWFUL cowboy offense. Quincy carter wasn't even a good college QB and he was picking apart the steeler number 1 defense. And the steelers were actually pumped for this game.

As for the cowboys, they just need a QB. They have 3 very good recievers and some options at RB, but with carter and hutchinson at QB they will have a very long year.

bigschweeler said:

Yeah I know what you mean.

The Vikings are mine and they've lose four Super Bowls, and had the absolutely heart breaking loss to Atlanta in the '98 championship.

I think the vikes will have a better year this year. They were starting to turn the corner at the end of last year. But it will be very hard for them to make the playoffs.

I think the lions may be a good surprise team this year. Not sure if they can make the playoffs but they will win a few more games than last year. Look for Rogers to win the ROY, he has randy moss like skills and Qb that will have no problem airing it out.

HI- Do I sense California Bias? Fargas? No way. Fargas is injury prone and never really panned out-that is why he bailed from Michigan- they had better prospects to work with. I don't think he is durable enough to make it long term. He might peak and have a good showing for a bit, but I doubt he can make it for a season all the way through in the league. The kid is tons of potential that never has and probably never will materialize....

As for Teyo Johnson, the Raiders spin him as a kid with awesome skills and size who can play a variety of roles. However the reality is he is also a lot of potential with little proven experience. Leaving early was definitely not the best decision. Also, drafting any kid that leaves college his Sophomore year who is not a sure thing first round pick is asking to be disapointed... He did not show to be a consistent reliable target, and was not as dominant as you would expect from someone his size...

I think Fargas will wash out due to injury/lack of durability, just like in college I think Teyo does have more promise, I think it will take him a couple of years to develop, I think leaving early definately shows a lack of maturity, and he has a lot of things to learn on the next level before he will be any kind of an impact. I think he also has a high probability of washing out now that he has the cash in his hands.

I am more of a college ball watcher than pro, but it seems all the teams I hoped would have a chance to be strong are showing signs of weakness. Atlanta and Vick is an obvious dissapointment. I thought this would be a good year for the Titans to come back into the picture, but I think Kearse is already saying he is injured, so they will probably be mediocre again. The Bears will never regain the form of 2 years ago and don't have a chance with out a miracle (maybe Rex Grossman will become a star overnight), and with that idiot Stewart at the helm, it only looks bad. Pitts offence does look good, but yeah, they defence has no balls, their backers filled like a bunch of school girls last night. I want to see Denver self destruct with Plummer. Can't stand that guy, make some of the most awful decisions of all time, and I can't wait for the pressure to be on (sure he looks great in pre-season- cause it doesn't matter) I like teams like the Jets or Eagles (though I am a fan of neither) as strong/solid teams to have a strong year. Tampa Bay has got mad talent, but I don't know how long all those egos will be able to reside in peace and get things done. The Dolphins will never win the big one with that wimp of a coach, no matter how many stars they buy him. Bledsoe is another guy that will churn up a lot of yards, but I doubt will ever win the big one.... just not a guy that you can believe in, and I think that is where he falls short. Farve and Warner I think are on their way out. I do expect playoffs if both stay healthy, but doubt if either will ever win the big one again.
I think the Pats and the 49ers are both big question marks, either could be playoff teams, but chances are they will just have a solid showing, and I don't think either has the magic to make it happen. The cowboys will be either really good and make the playoffs, or totally spin out of control and crash, and it will be all do to parcells and his own coaching attitudes and nothing to do with who he has on the field. Oh yeah, and the cards will still suck. With no consistency from O or D lines in terms of personell, and really no wideouts, they don't have a chance. I don't know why the Bidwells even bother to field a team most years....

have you looked at the preseason?

Fargas top NFL rusher

Teyo has been unreal, sure its preseason but both kids are studs

BTW Fargas benched 485 at 198 pds in college. Strong athletic kid.

Top Bottom