Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bruce Lee VS Matt Hughes

heavyweightchamp said:
Apparently the verdict is that Bruce Lee was an animal... My opinion on him will have to change significantly to view him as one. I ll do more research but it better be overwhelming!

Ok wait were talking about Chuck Norris, Damn... Another TV fighter with some bull shit Kung Fu fucking online brown belt. Cmon dog you gotta come with more than that, I downloaded everything that has to do with Lee on limewire and his punches look like shoe fly shoe, they were fast but most of them had special effects and sound added. Fuck this bullshit about taking the time and concentrating on hand and mind with one single punch, as if theres time for that in any style of fight, and this shit about him knowing what you did 2 times ahead of what you actually did? Right, yo I dont even know what im going to do it's ALL reaction and fluidity I dont THINK about anything. Maybe a made for TV documentary and books of bullshit made him sound like a God but trust me son he wasnt. The dudes in the 6" punch were not 200 lbs and even so what is amazing about, that the shorter the punch the more force, thats science? He's a fraud... WHO since him has done anything with his style? NOONE! His son was an actor just like his daddy and were both killed for betraying secrets of their own heritage of another country's style of fighting to America to profit from it. Chuck Norris is a candy cane to me, In recap the verdict is that a 130 lb. man who is most popular for his movies and style teaching in an era of terrible 125lb. chinese fighters with NO proof of anything legit besides hear say with NO ACTUAL FIGHTING because thats whats were talking about fighting right? Not his book that you mentioned or movie that was the first mentioned in favor for him, not his style or concentration, not his superior speed or dedication, not the dragon he fought (lmao) were talking about fighting, FIGHTING! Tell me something I havent already heard or read or seen in dvd's or movies or any type or portrait. Give me proof with fighting, fighting. And certainly not Chuck Norris or Billy Blanks, those comments are very amateur like golden gloves trophy's. America made him look great and in his day he was the best out of his competition which included Chuck "Walker Texas Ranger" Norris, Billy Blanks, Mcgiver, Kung Fu bullshit, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Jean Claude Van Halen, and the dragon. PAH LEESE! Rocky Balboa to some people is an American icon (on screen) and if his story is told 50 years from now there's some little kid same age as we were when we heard Lee's story with no prior knowledge fed the lies of his domination that believes it. Unfortunately the debate could go on forever because it will never happen but on a brighter note I trained with 7 decent to well known fighters today and mentioned this debate and besides the histarical laughs when asked about how bad Bruce Lee really was compared to todays fighters I received comments as follows "who's directing the film because if he was actin in Rocky 7 that might be a draw", "dont argue with fools", "karate is a non factor in todays fight game", "I heard he could catch a fly in mid flight with his eyes closed but I heard that when I was a little kid", "who is telling you how mean he was the book, the movie, or his family members", " he would kick your ass Beast" etc, etc. Real talk player.

I must be uneducated on this dude and thats fine with me because it's either mad dudes got respect for him or people think he's a joke. From what people always told me and movies I watched I thought he was a hollywood character like the last dragon or some shit, Ill have to do more fact finding but until then im still not convinced.

Bro your mind is made up ... the way you word your posts reminds me of the folks who think americans have never set foot on the moon because the video footage does'nt look realistic ... thats good logic

What you have failed to realize is guys like bruce lee and chuck norris ( who i think is a joke ) are the guys who paved the way and inspired others to step up to the plate and take challenges to another level , one generation always picks up where the next left off .... bruce lee brought more positives then negatives to the fighting scene whereas many of todays styles were born from his teachings or from guys who studied him and added there own twist .

Your asking and looking for something you'll never find .. you want to know what big ass bastard lee kicked the crap out of as some kind of proof ... what you fail to realize is we're talking about the 60's and 70's not 2006 .. shit back then boxing was hardly even considered a sport and B&W TV was a luxury if you even had one , shit we never got our first TV till 1972 .. all of 1 channell

Fighting was not what it is today , lee died before passing any fighting skills to his kids so comparing them to him is not accurate , unfortunatly they were out to make money off his name .

PS : Yes golden gloves is amatuer but none the less i have over 125 fights in 5 different weight classes with 4 loses in 15 years , stepping into the ring is never an easy task however you attempt to belittle it .

heavyweightchamp said:
I must be uneducated on this dude and thats fine with me because it's either mad dudes got respect for him or people think he's a joke. From what people always told me and movies I watched I thought he was a hollywood character like the last dragon or some shit, Ill have to do more fact finding but until then im still not convinced.

We're talking about Bruce Lee right? O.k, well just to clarify, Lee did NOT believe in kung-fu only. He was the first person to advocate mixed martial arts. That's what made so many elite kung-fu experts crazy. Lee was proficient in boxing/ju-jitsu/wing-chun/akido/judo/kali/muay thai, and penak silat. If he felt someone would prevent him from effectively punching, he would move to kicking. If kicking didnt work, he'd resort to a ground game and use ju-jitsu and choke someone out. I think youre watching too many movies and not relating the actual expertise of Lee. Jeet-Kun-Do IS a mixed martial art and very few schools in the U.S even have a REAL program from it's association that's run by Lee's Best student Dan Inosanto.

You should do some serious reading bro. It will open your eyes.

Plus Tai chi chuan his father started him on , also missing from the above list hung -gar and Jik Chung Chuy which he studied in high school in hong kong where he fought a reigning two time boxing champion from britian .. lee knocked him " OUT " ....

The above link for the 1 inch punch came from the 1964 long beach international karate championships where lee was invited as a special guest by Ed Parker .
he also performed the 2 finger ( index and thumb ) pushup as well as his 2 foot striking speed which was measured at 1/500 th of a second .

Lee died in 1973

" Lee claimed that after arriving in san francisco his theories about teaching martial arts to non asian students gave him enimies in the martial arts community .A contest between lee and WONG JACK MAN a practitioner of northern shaolin kung ku was set up .

Witnesses to the fight claim it went in excess of 20 minutes with lee being the victor which was disputed in the chinese pacific western weekly paper by WONG who challenged lee to a rematch ... lee never responded

lee's view on the fight was it took to long because traditional martial arts were to rigid and formalistic to be practical in senerios of chaotic street fighting , so thus was born his system with emphasis on practicality flexability speed and efficiency " Jeet Kune Do

Now i don't know about you " but " to me that sound like a street fighter not a ring fighter

Last edited:
toxicsambo said:
We're talking about Bruce Lee right? O.k, well just to clarify, Lee did NOT believe in kung-fu only. He was the first person to advocate mixed martial arts. That's what made so many elite kung-fu experts crazy. Lee was proficient in boxing/ju-jitsu/wing-chun/akido/judo/kali/muay thai, and penak silat. If he felt someone would prevent him from effectively punching, he would move to kicking. If kicking didnt work, he'd resort to a ground game and use ju-jitsu and choke someone out. I think youre watching too many movies and not relating the actual expertise of Lee. Jeet-Kun-Do IS a mixed martial art and very few schools in the U.S even have a REAL program from it's association that's run by Lee's Best student Dan Inosanto.

You should do some serious reading bro. It will open your eyes.

BoxerJake made some good points and his knowledge of fighting may have helped him view Lee as he does because he fought long enough to have some idea of styles and such.

Top Bottom