Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bruce Lee VS Matt Hughes

boxerjake said:
" Lee claimed that after arriving in san francisco his theories about teaching martial arts to non asian students gave him enimies in the martial arts community .A contest between lee and WONG JACK MAN a practitioner of northern shaolin kung ku was set up .

Witnesses to the fight claim it went in excess of 20 minutes with lee being the victor which was disputed in the chinese pacific western weekly paper by WONG who challenged lee to a rematch ... lee never responded

lee's view on the fight was it took to long because traditional martial arts were to rigid and formalistic to be practical in senerios of chaotic street fighting , so thus was born his system with emphasis on practicality flexability speed and efficiency " Jeet Kune Do

Now i don't know about you " but " to me that sound like a street fighter not a ring fighter[/QUOT

Im not a FAN of anyone, im a professional. I dont read books, I read my opponent. I fight for a living. For belts. To pay my bills. What you know about that??? Get on my level before you call me out.

Im not a FAN of anyone, im a professional. I dont read books, I read my opponent. I fight for a living. For belts. To pay my bills. What you know about that??? Get on my level before you call me out.[/QUOTE]

Who's calling you out ?

I'm 42 years old ... been there and done that even bought the T-shirt , after spending a nickle for accesory to manslaughter i choose my battles with a little more care and attention then i use too ... calling somone out on an inter-net forum is like winning at the special olympics even if you are the victor your still a retard in the end ....

Relax and don't take everything so personal .... :)

boxerjake said:
Im not a FAN of anyone, im a professional. I dont read books, I read my opponent. I fight for a living. For belts. To pay my bills. What you know about that??? Get on my level before you call me out.

Who's calling you out ?

I'm 42 years old ... been there and done that even bought the T-shirt , after spending a nickle for accesory to manslaughter i choose my battles with a little more care and attention then i use too ... calling somone out on an inter-net forum is like winning at the special olympics even if you are the victor your still a retard in the end ....

Relax and don't take everything so personal .... :)[/QUOTE]

LOL no im not dude I was just being a total dick thats all... I know absolutely nothing about Bruce Lee or that style of fighting bro and give you mad props for your boxing career, shit you got more experience than me. Maybe we should bullshit more about boxing... Sounds like you got many years under your belt and I have listen to any advice from elders and guys with ring time. You ever think about training fighters? 42 too damn dude do you still mix it up at all? Dont take what I said personal it was all for jokes and im a complete dickhead most of the time and mean no harm to anyone out of the ring. Even my lady says I joke too much just how I am. Lol I told you you got my props man. If you got time to share ring secrects let me know killer.

Cheers ...

I coach young kids at the local club ... the oldest i work with is a 16 , he fights as do 2 15 year olds i help . The rest are younger and just learning foot work and body positioning right now . I alway teach the retreat first , knowing how to escape trouble is more important then the attack ..... once we finally move into punching i'm big on " NOT TELEGRAPHING " punchs , the one that always gets you is the one you never seen coming , that part of there training is huge .

I still spare maybe a dozen times a year but not as intense as the skill level of the students is very entry level plus i've made my body something not very conducive to throwing punchs . Weights and boxing mix to a very limited extent , then you become a little akward .

Great fighters are born not made .... is a birth right just like any pro athlete , the aggresion grit and determination are not something you can train for , you have to have that first and then hone your skills around your natural ability . I've seen hundreds of guys come thru the gym trying but just don't have the heart .. sure they could throw a punch and even take one but once they were faced with an opponent of equal skill they did'nt fair very well ...

Anything you want to know just ask ....

Nice man! Hey I was doing a little talking with Tommy my trainer and we got onto the Bruce Lee subject because as I said I know nothing about the dude really and he told me 2 key things: 1. He challenged himself every single day (to go way beyond what was expected) 2. He was an extremist (like taking pain killers and relaxers before training to see how his body worked with a warped mind) shit is crazy and he's lending me a few of his books. Anyways he didnt sway either way with Hughes or Lee... Yeah bro id like to hear some extreme training techniques, weight training, diet, in ring advice, and any advice you can.

Hey guys...new here.

Your question is unanswerable.

hahahaha -

Seriously though. People have been comparing fighters of different weights, styles, and time periods since the beginning of time - there is just no way of knowing.

I've studied quite a bit about Lee, and I'ved watched MMA since day one. Lee was a moviestar...but he was also the real deal. Matt is also the real deal.

If I wanted to know the answer to this question I would first ask myself if they would be fighting in a ring or oustide of the ring.
This is crucial. Matt would probably beat him in a ring.....I may give Bruce chances outside of a ring though...Lee could box, and was extremely fast..so he could use huge amounts of space to equalize.

STYLE MAKE FIGHTS...but so do conditions.

Think about Gracie...Gracie lost....but you know what? It was still the longest fight on the card that evening...which means it was more competitive if you ask me. That says something about Gracie. Fighting hasn't changed in the UFC..the rules have - and the competition is higher. Gracie is a grappler period. If you changed the rules to Gracie vs. Hughes....JUST GRAPPLING...I would put my money on Gracie....even when Matt had the Kemora...he couldn't stop Gracie. He beat Gracie with strikes. WHen gracie has tried to deal with all of these ground and pounders...he has had to change his style and it has effectively ruined him...he beat the early guys because.
1. They stank at striking.
2. He was a better grappler.

Now he is still a better grappler than most (even if just a little bit) but way worse at striking which effectively tilts the table.

oh this is easy, Bruce Lee I will even tell you how.

First bruce lee will do a spinning kick thing, then matt will hit bruce, then bruce will say ouch, then bruce pulls out his nunchuks and beats the shit out of matt.

simple, was that that hard.

yall are so difficult.

LOL this thread is hilarious, Matt Hughes would kill Bruce Lee, I like Lee and have read a few of his books and studied Jeet Kun Do for a little while. But Matt Hughes would take him down in a second and submit him with ease. Jeet Kun Do doesn't have any ground work and we've all seen what happens if you don't have any ground game.

With all respect for Lee, I don't know how you could compare a movie star from 40 years ago to one of the greatest MMA fighters of today.

Reakt said:
Jeet Kun Do doesn't have any ground work and we've all seen what happens if you don't have any ground game.

Yes, it does. I went to a jeet kune do school. Shit, you can watch Return of the Dragon and in the beginning of the movie he has somebody tapping out. Bruce Lee didn't recommend ground fighting if there was objects such as sharp glass on the ground that could hurt you. Obviously you don't want to grapple if somebody can get a hold of a rock while you are on the ground and smash it into your skull either. He believed in adapting to whatever the situation called for. To be ready in all areas possible. He didn't have a superman attitude. He even said, somebody pulls a gun on you, it doesn't matter how good you are, because once he pulls the trigger, it's over.

Top Bottom