Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bruce Lee VS Matt Hughes

It would have been worse than the Hughes Gracie fight. There's nothing Bruce Lee could do to even hurt Hughes and I dont care how many bricks he broke with his hands either. Hughes would break his fuckin face in about 30 seconds. Bruce Lee is a legend and from what I understand a myth and even if he was half of what legend tells Matt Hughes is bigger, stronger, tougher, better puncher, better wrestler, better grappler, better ground fighter, etc. As quick as he was suppossed to be who on this site has ever seen him fight? And im sure hughes would brush his attempts to strike away like swatin a fly. Hughes easily.

Have you ever seen the movie about bruce lee's life ... It's not a hollywood fiction , it's real .

Shit the guy had his back broke in a fight ... that real life not hollywood crap , times were very different back in lee's day . He was challenged by his piers and rose to the occasion with his new fighting style and had to fight for the right to teach it .

I have no clue who would win a fight against those two but to say hughes easily against bruce lee would be a mistake ... no one beats bruce lee easy , did you ever see any news reels of bruce demonstrating his six inch punch ? he put guys three times his size on the ground with a single shot to the solar plexes from six inchs away .

Not to mention lee was a master with the weapons , his hand speed to this day has not been matched by anyone . Bruce lee was one of a kind

Sure hughes is tough " but " he still has all the same pressure points that you and i have ... knowing how to exploit them is key .

In bruces day fights were face to face .. standing up , none of this wrestling or ground figthing or grapppling ... you stood there face to face and exchanged shots till one guy was finished . Shit even 25 years ago when i was a teenager if a guy was hit to the ground you left him there and gave him the choice to stay down or get back up for more .. we did'nt grab him by the hair and drag him to the curb so we could curb stomp the guy like a fucking savage .

It's no wonder so many guns and knives are used in fights today .. there little honour left

Well master of weapons have nothing to do with a fight... Oh and the fact that the people he fought and knocked down with his 6" punch were what about 150 lbs. with a cupcake soft midsection. Training has advanced and evolved light years and to say you believe the story of this dudes life is funny as hell. I also seen the Blade Trinity but I dont think Wesley Snipes is a badass lol. Please dont believe everything you hear or see from hollywood, did you think they were gonna make him out to be a pussy?! He was a karate style puncher aka slap and as for his hand speed theres no way he had enough ass to hurt Hughes or any decent fighter from todays era at that weight. Gracie would be a better discussion for who is better not Hughes. Im not on Matt's jock, weve worked out together before in Cleveland when he was learning to box but damn Bruce Lee never fought anyone real or good opponenets, name one dude he fought in real life that is a somebody? And you cant name that dragon or demon that the movie made up either LMAO. Dude had absolutely no defense at all and he fought with a broke back, im sure if that is even true they may have found a slight bone fracture the next day or something and damn I fought with broke hands, cheeks, nose, ribs, etc. and I dont think that is a defining moment in my career. Most people are still nieve and swept away by the myth and story of Bruce Lee and im sure in his day he was one of the best but I also noticed that in the 6" punch film he wasnt getting hit back nor was it an actual fight and im sure they were paid actors so he would become rich selling his style. He had speed that was unmached in his day (that we know of) he was a tough lil dude, fought alot of bullshit skinny rice heads with no fighting skills, he is a legend however theres no actual film of him doing anything but making movies and selling his videos and trainging. He was the first but by far not the best, I stick by my statement hughes in a first round KO. Look how much the sport has evolved since Gracie dominated those bar fighting opponents a decade ago and youre telling me Lee fought good small little chinese guys that had no real training the style was like a modern day aerobics class. Look at hughes face in training and look at any picture of Lee, Hughes puts in work.

Thanks for all the support, inking a deal with James Toney for August on Showtime after dark if that falls through it will be Orlin Norris or Sam Peter for big $$$$.

Stay tuned
www.brianminto.com

Gracie is old, one dimensional, and used to no time limits. He doesn't even count. Remember Hughes has been submitted. Anyway, Bruce Lee would put his fist and foot through anyone before they knew it. There's no comparison. Maybe in Ultimate Fighter Hughes is good, but one thing ppl forget about Bruce Lee's philosophy. Fighting systems in the ring are different from fighting in the real world. And Bruce Lee would fight, no holds barred, for the street fight experience, without any "system"

Well bruce lee put chuck norris on his can so fast chuck commented afterward he never seen a thing coming ... chuck is a fuck but lee taught him that systems don't work and fighting is a fluent situation and even gave chuck advise to look beyond his disipline and keep all options open during contact . lee was a master of reading body language and new what move you were going to make about 2 seconds after you decided

I've read pretty much every single book ever written about bruce lee so there is no need for me to type out 28 pages of post defending the guys accomplishments .. you can research that yourself then come back and read your own post and see if you still believe your own opinion .

I love to study fighters ... mainly because i spent 15 years in the ring myself and fought in 5 different weight classes over the years . My right hand has been broke three times and now my wrist is pinned so throwing haymakers is a thing of the past for me .... in my profile pictures there is a shot of me at 16 (1980 ) winning golden gloves in the 165lb class i went on to fight as a light heavy and heavy weight .

I never make eye contact during a match .. i read every punch coming off body positioning and foot placement , i studied lee's therioes extensivly in the late 70's and early 80's .

The six inch punch was an example and not intended for you to analize and rip apart .. if you watch the news reels you'll see the guys were all 6' plus and well over the 220 lb range ... the demonstration was showing how you can focus all your energy into a simple but highly effective movement if you can make a connection between mind and body .. lee was all about channeling energy , he was way ahead of his time

PS : Marvin hagler was my hero ... one tough black bastard

boxerjake said:
Well bruce lee put chuck norris on his can so fast chuck commented afterward he never seen a thing coming ... chuck is a fuck but lee taught him that systems don't work and fighting is a fluent situation and even gave chuck advise to look beyond his disipline and keep all options open during contact . lee was a master of reading body language and new what move you were going to make about 2 seconds after you decided

PS : Marvin hagler was my hero ... one tough black bastard

No shit dude, and Chuck Norris has a bullet-proof beard. The best example of Lee's power is the fact he made a fkn 200lb heavy-bag explode with a kick. JFC.

This isn't even a comparison. Hughes is my favorite UFC fighter and I have no problem at all saying that this thread is ridiculous. Bruce Lee'd whipe the floor with him. Hughes is a great UFC Fighter, GREAT, but Lee was on another level.

Apparently the verdict is that Bruce Lee was an animal... My opinion on him will have to change significantly to view him as one. I ll do more research but it better be overwhelming!

toxicsambo said:
Gracie is old, one dimensional, and used to no time limits. He doesn't even count. Remember Hughes has been submitted. Anyway, Bruce Lee would put his fist and foot through anyone before they knew it. There's no comparison. Maybe in Ultimate Fighter Hughes is good, but one thing ppl forget about Bruce Lee's philosophy. Fighting systems in the ring are different from fighting in the real world. And Bruce Lee would fight, no holds barred, for the street fight experience, without any "system"

Word! K to you bro'

Top Bottom