Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

BodyPump

emmab

Have any of you ladies ever tried one of these classes???It is basically high reps low weight classes to music. Originated here in NZ and is now in most countries. Anyone have any advice on how it would be for a pregnant person

I'm not familiar with this, I'm afraid. But I never understand what high reps, low weights do for you--make you tired? Your muscles won't grow unless challenged, and there are more efifcient ways to get your heart-rate up.

The key in any training program is diversity...your body has a wonderful adaption ability so in a sense Keiko is correct. If you aren't challenging your muscles, you aren't changing your body. However, different things might challenge different people and body pump might be the thing for you for now. I don't remember if you are a beginner or not though and if you aren't familiar with form techniques than I'd be careful with this class. It goes at a faster pace and if you don't have a good base of strength/form to begin with you could do more harm than good.

I've never taken these classes personally. I think it would be a good thing to throw in every once in a while just for a change.

Last edited:
BodyPump is actually more effective than you might think. Sure, not as growth-producing as the usual techniques, but in 2 months I went from squatting 12kg to 20kg (remember this is high reps ie 3-4minutes at different tempos) and also made gains in all other bodyparts. It is billed as "the fastest way in the universe to get in shape" and it is a good ejoyable workout. You can get more info at
lesmills.com or lessmills.co.nz (sorry I don;t know how to put in a link)

Lots of things are billed as "the fastest way to get into shape", of course everyone makes progress when trying something new, then you reach your limitations.

Using heavy weights I have gone from deep squating 45 kg for sets of 8 to 67.5 kg for the same sets in 2 months and my legs look great.

Bodypump sounds like a good cardio idea but not for serious body definition/muscle building.

Top Bottom