Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Baseball Player Haters....Have you seen this?

GinNJuice said:
Matt,

Do you realize how EXPENSIVE it is to be a billionaire? Probably not, because so few do.

First it takes outstanding investing to get to that level...... but then they need to maintain. Do you really think that it makes sense to keep $1 billion dollars in the bank?.... I bet you are going to say "yeah, just live off the interest"...... you have no clue.

They must make very good investments or they will soon be without their money, via taxes, kids, expenses.... whatever..... that's why so many LOTTO winners... lose all their money, because they don't know how to invest wisely enough to keep it.

Your comment seems like the typical liberal brainwashing..... The rich don't need money.... give it to the poor and everyone will be happy. :rolleyes:

You are crazy. Where di you get any of this stuff? I can't believe I am bothering with a response to you. Jesus fucking Christ you are missing my point.

I will use small words for you:

1. My comments are in the context of the baseball strike, in response to rudedawg.

2. The owners typically force the players' hands, because the owners can live with a strike or lockout, due to their (typically) tremendous wealth. Hicks owns a cable company, Steinbrenner a shipbuilding company, etc.

3. Except for the richest of the players, they need the income to maintain their lifestyle. Not so, the owners. Owners havemore money, and as such, more leverage in these deals.

Oh, I almost forgot:

Hey Asshole! Where the fuck did I talk about re-distributing wealth or the costs of maintaining wealth? Please get your head out of your ass if you want to quote and respond to my posts.

Y_Lifter said:
I swear.. They are the biggest bunch of Little League boys I have ever seen...

It's like they never grew up. Having fits and tantrums.
Throwing their hats and bats and arguing every call more than any other sport IMO..

LOL.....there are those in all walks of life....sports happen to be filled with very competitive people.

Watched any NBA games????

i don't think anyone would deny that there's a ton of money in pro sports and it's fairly common knowledge that the owners are being far less than honest about their "losses". they've been steadfast in their refusal to open up their books for decades, and yet the players' salaries are public knowledge...

casavant said:

LOL. I've never interested myself. If I had only two choices- watch baseball, golf, or paint dry, it would be a hard decision.

No shit. Baseball is lame.

GinNJuice said:
Did this suprise you? I hope not.

Look, these teams are simply business for the owners (fun business, but still business). They are in it to make money. If the team is privately owned, then the profits are no one's business execpt for maybe the IRS.

Now, do you think it's right that just because an owner makes a little money for his Mulit-Hundred Milion dollar investment,.... that he should give up that profit so that a player can make 150-Milion instead of just the measely 100-milion he made last contract?

If it's me running the business..... then I'm for sure going to want VERY good returns on my investments and if the EMPLOYEES start demanding too much of my profits (to make it less attractive of an investment), then I'm for sure going to fight it.

Nope....no surprise here. The player's union has been asking for over a decade for the owners to open their books.....yet they won't. Why? Cuz the pictures aren't as gloomy as they want to paint to John Q Public.

Of course they are in it to make money. Why would they buy a franchise/business that was losing money? I doubt very seriously there is a sports team out that their is a sole proprietorship. Why are profits from any business anyone's business according to your thought process?

Are we just to accept the owners words that they are losing money? If they are losing money then why do they keep giving out the "outrageous" contracts? Better yet why do they make it public knowledge about how much they are paying a player? It's no one's business but the owner, the player, and the agent right?????

Nope I believe that of course the owner should make a profit. Again why would someone own a business that LOSES money annually??????????

wasn't it just a month ago that bud selig was cryin' about teams not being able to pay their bills and shit? guess that "crisis" was averted....

I have an idea! Maybe Americans can get off their asses, stop watching sports and do something useful! Like surf the internet!

Top Bottom