Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Barry Bonds Steroid Cycle Revealed

In His Own Words: Bonds on allegations of steroid use:

"Doctors ought to quit worrying about what ballplayers are taking. What players take doesn't matter. It's nobody else's business. The doctors should spend their time looking for cures for cancer. It takes more than muscles to hit homers. If all those guys were using stuff, how come they're not all hitting homers?"

-- May 21, 2002

"No. I don't have to [use steroids]. I mean, I'm a good enough ballplayer as it is. I don't need to be any better. I can't get any better at this age."

-- June 2002,
in an interview on On the Record with Bob Costas

"I never asked. When he said it was flaxseed oil, I just said, 'Whatever.' It was in the ballpark ... in front of everybody. I mean, all the reporters, my teammates, I mean they all saw it. I didn't hide it."

-- Dec. 4, 2003,
during grand jury testimony, according to the San Francisco Chronicle

"I don't know Tim Montgomery. I've never met him. When accusations come from someone you don't even know, what can you do?" They'll be talking to my lawyer."

--June 25, 2004,
to USA Today in response to allegations from a former world-class sprinter that Bonds received steroids from BALCO

"All you guys lied! All of y'all and the story have lied. Should you have asterisks behind your name? All of you lied. All of you have said something wrong. All of you have dirt. When your closet's clean, then come clean somebody else's ..."

"What did I do? What did I do? What are you going to apologize for when you're wrong? This is old stuff. I mean, it's like watching Sanford and Son. It's just rerun after rerun after rerun. It's almost comical, basically. We've got alcohol that's the No. 1 killer in America, and we legalize that. You've got tobacco, No. 2 or 3 killer in America. We legalize that. There's other issues. It's become Hard Copy all day long. Are you guys jealous? Are you upset? Disappointed? What? ..."

"I don't know if steroids are going to help you in baseball. I just don't believe it. I don't believe steroids can help eye-hand coordination [and] technically hit a baseball."

-- Feb. 22, 2005,
his first public comments after his grand jury testimony was leaked

"You're talking about something that wasn't even illegal at the time. All this stuff about supplements, protein shakes, whatever. Man, it's not like this is the Olympics."

-- March 4, 2005

"You wanted me to jump off the bridge, I finally have jumped. You wanted to bring me down, you've finally brought me and my family down. Finally done it. From everybody, all of you. So now go pick a different person. I'm done."

-- March 23, 2005

"The fact that someone should write in the newspaper is, I've never failed a drug test."

-- Sept. 18, 2005

"I think we have other issues in this country to worry about that are a lot more serious. Talk about the athletes that are helping [Hurricane] Katrina. Ask yourselves how much money y'all personally donated and have helped. You know what? There are still other issues that are more important [than steroid use in baseball]. Right now people are losing lives and don't have homes. I think that's a little more serious, a lot more serious. I've been tarnished in baseball for years and years, brother. There's nothing you guys can write or people can say that will ever fix that. It doesn't matter anymore. I go out there and enjoy the game."

-- Sept. 21, 2005

"It's still Hank's record. And whether I break it or not, what's important is that whoever does it, you just hope it inspires some little kid down the road to say, 'He did it. I could do it.' I'll be on his side."

-- Feb. 23, 2006

NYBodyguard said:
"Bonds was using two designer steroids referred to as the Cream and the Clear,"

whats that
Yes, Balco was pushing it and at the time it was undetectable by current testing.

NYBodyguard said:
"Bonds was using two designer steroids referred to as the Cream and the Clear,"

whats that

They are creams that are applied topically to the skin that produce anabolic affects that are undetectable by (im pretty sure all, but im going to say MOST to at least give myself an out heh) drug tests.

immortalis said:
They are creams that are applied topically to the skin that produce anabolic affects that are undetectable by (im pretty sure all, but im going to say MOST to at least give myself an out heh) drug tests.
They were undetectable until someone gave a sample to the proper authorities. Now it is detectable by current testing.

SlimJim300 said:
"testosterone decanoate (a fast-acting steroid known as Mexican beans)"

Interesting... A fast acting steroid (15 day half life), known as Mexican beans. :rolleyes:

well isn't andriol test dcanoate in pill form, and you do have to take a lot of it to take affect cause its not alkylated and most of it is destroyed by the liver

It's articles like this that make me lose all faith in the media. In this one article alone there were at least 5 factually incorrect statements. And the worst part is that it would have taken only a phone call or email to fact check these. In my experience on the occasions when I've been involved in a newspaper story (as part of an interview or background discussion), there has always been _at least_ one inaccuracy in the story - usually they were minor details, but sometimes they were much more serious.

I like what Bonds said, who cares about some steroids in baseball when people are homeless and millions die of alcohol and cigarettes each year.

Top Bottom