Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Barry Bonds Exposed!!!

strongsmartsexy said:
Ok, so exactly WHY is it bad for athletes to use performance enhancing substances?

Here is my understanding based on what I know.

The problem with using these substances in competitive sports is that it turns the sport into a game of chicken - how much damage are you willing to do to yourself and how many years are you willing to shave off your life expectancy in order to perform better for a few seasons.

The leagues do not want to put their athletes under that kind of pressure or to make them have to take that kind of choice.

Dirty V said:
The general public is IGNORANT if they cant look at the guy and tell he was on gear!!!
H-E-L-L-O!!! Almost as bad as Clinton "I didn't inhale the smoke"

Anybody who needs gear to look like Barry Bonds needs directions to the nearest gym...hitting 70 homers is a different story.

Synpax said:
Here is my understanding based on what I know.

The problem with using these substances in competitive sports is that it turns the sport into a game of chicken - how much damage are you willing to do to yourself and how many years are you willing to shave off your life expectancy in order to perform better for a few seasons.

The leagues do not want to put their athletes under that kind of pressure or to make them have to take that kind of choice.

The underlying assumption in that is that they aren't already? The leagues and teams already do put the athletes under that kind of pressure. It's a complete money game. If your income depends on your performance, you'll do whatever it takes to make a multi-million dollar salary versus a half million dollar salary.

The capabilities of the performance of athletes is what athletics is all about. And winning teams create more revenue than losing teams. And to have a winning team, you have to have athletes performing at whatever peak they're capable of.

Anyone see the article arguing in favor of just letting them juice? At least some writers are somewhat understanding about the "dangers" of all this.

Personally, I think every professional sport should have monthly tests during off season and ban all offenders from the sport forever. That would even the playing field back to where it was when professional sports started, all skill and ability. Or better yet, it would kill all sports which would be acceptable also. The money, the mentality of the players and what they get away with is getting way out of hand.

Baseball testing:
A first positive test for steroid use would result in treatment, a second in a 15-day suspension or a fine of up to $10,000.
The punishment would increase to a 25-day suspension or fine of up to $25,000 for a third positive test, a 50-day suspension or fine of up to $50,000 for a fourth, and a one-year suspension or fine of up to $100,000 for a fifth.

Olympic sport testing:
an athlete faces a minimum two-year ban for a first steroid positive and a lifetime ban for a second.

I almost wish we could have 2 leagues - one that was heavily tested for roids, and another that just turned a blind eye. Lets see which one John Q watches.... :D.

WolfPack Charlie said:
Personally, I think every professional sport should have monthly tests during off season and ban all offenders from the sport forever. That would even the playing field back to where it was when professional sports started, all skill and ability. Or better yet, it would kill all sports which would be acceptable also. The money, the mentality of the players and what they get away with is getting way out of hand.

Skill and ability is a learned thing. It's not like you're born with it. You may have some innate athletic abilities, but without training they don't come to much.

New training methods, diets, etc are developed all the time to maximize what an athlete is able to do. Not everyone is BORN with the same levels of testosterone in their system, or the same metabolism or ... so all things aren't equal to begin with. I'll ignore Jimmy the Greek's assertions...

If you want to "level" the playing field, handicap the guys who have MORE of these things. Kinda like they do with horses. :) :) :)

It was to long of a read for me. BB players use gear way to much, but come on, there is not that bad of punishment for it. I read, just recently, that a player had to be caught 5 times a year for a years suspension. What is THAT?

Top Bottom