Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Andrew Golota VS Lamon Brewster (Sat, May 21st)

Status
Not open for further replies.
s w o l e said:
The odds were set at 5:1 for my own reasons.

How can you have the audacity to re-open my event without even ASKING me?

event should not have been reopened without swoles permission :worried:

s w o l e said:
The odds were set at 5:1 for my own reasons.

When I set events I always prepare for the worst. The event was closed and 2300 karma points were wagered on Brewster, which was a 5:1 payout. That means out of my 23,000 karma points, 11,500 were potentially gone. This would have left me with over 10,000 karma points after settling the bets, a number I can deal with. I was happy with the amount of bets and had no intention of opening the bookie event back up.

I come home last night to find I have 800 karma points and almost twice as many karma points stacked on Brewster, not to mention the event was already settled. I would bet the event was settled by someone else because they knew I wouldn't be too happy about this. WTF. If you guys wanted to bet on this, why didn't someone else open their own bookie event for the day? How can you have the audacity to re-open my event without even ASKING me?

If you do not see that the 5:1 is what killed you then I don't know what to tell you

You're actually saying that opening up my event was totally fine?

Bro, I don't care about the karma. I don't care about the 5:1 odds. I care about this happening without my knowledge; it's the principle of the situation. If Dev wasn't a mod there is no way this event would have been back open. I'm trully insulted at the way this was handled.

musclemuscle said:
event should not have been reopened without swoles permission :worried:
I thought that was the case as I was asking swole to reopen

s w o l e said:

Bro, I don't care about the karma. I don't care about the 5:1 odds. I care about this happening without my knowledge; it's the principle of the situation. If Dev wasn't a mod there is no way this event would have been back open. I'm trully insulted at the way this was handled.

pm dev...se what he says

s w o l e said:

All I'm saying is don't blame everyone else for your failure. YOU created the odds. If the odds were more sensible then you wouldn't have lost so much , repoened or not. Noone is to blame here but yourself.

My failure?

I close my events a full day before they take place to see if I'll need more karma to settle the bets. Assuming Brewster won, I would have had 10,000 karma points left after settling the bets, perfectly fine. I almost went in the red here because two 1000 karma bets were placed without my knowledge.

I prepare for each event appropriately. To me that sounds like a responsible way to handle the karma bookie role.

s w o l e said:
My failure?

I close my events a full day before they take place to see if I'll need more karma to settle the bets. Assuming Brewster won, I would have had 10,000 karma points left after settling the bets, perfectly fine. I almost went in the red here because two 1000 karma bets were placed without my knowledge.

I prepare for each event appropriately. To me that sounds like a responsible way to handle the karma bookie role.

you did fine bro...the event just shouldnt have been reopened

dev messed up...
:worried:
I like dev... this time he made a mistake.... :worried:

I dont understand why people are giving swole a hard time for booking this event...he should be thanked..

s w o l e said:
My failure?

I understand now. I was asking Dev to reopen and I assumed he would go through you.
I''ll post the fights in the future with closing times as close to the opening bell as I can. That's really the way it should be.
I've refrained thus far from postin duplicate events in competition w/another book because of various reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom