Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

An Ultimate Fighting Championship "who would win" thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Burning_Inside
  • Start date Start date
Since I'm really into this sort thing i have a few Ideas:
Manfred vs Tyson: Tyson would hit him alot and have great footwork. Manfred would have to close the distance, take the fight to the ground, be on top and squeeze Tysons head off as he doesnt know submissions.
Manfred vs Tito Ortiz: Tito fights at the UFC light-Heavy max of 204.9 his Striking isn't a good as Tysons but his wrestling skills are far better and he knows some submissions. Manfred would have to defend the takedowns - get his own takedown - land on top and ground and pound for the time limit or knockout. From the bottom I dont belive Tito could get a submission on a man that strong wich leads me to -
Manfred vs UFC Heavyweight Champ Randy Coture: I belive that Randy having superior wrestling and more size(about 225) than Tito woulnt try to fight standing with Manfred. He would take Manfred down and take his back - rear naked choke fight over!
The UFC has the Option of a Super heavyweigt division(265 & up) that they haven't used yet. People like Tom Erickson (280 master wrestler) would slam Masnfred around and play with him untill he felt sorry for him and fisished the fight.

ok .....a small submission fighter can defeat a big strong guy. royce graci beat that huge roided out guy with the crucifix tattoed on his back(cant remember his name)even though royce couldnt continue after.

can you make a large strong guy submit when your small? yes...
at 170 when i was young i took a guy down who benched over 400 lbs. he offered his hand i took it and he started squeezin. i calmly stated "Your hurting my hand." he smiled and i reached out and grabbed his thumb and applied a submission lock on the thumb and when he released me i used a wrist lock and took him to the ground. i tried to make him promise not to fight if i let him up but he wouldnt so i told him that if we fought and i got this advantage again(wich i admitted i might not) i would go ahead and break his wrist then i put a little more pressure till he yelled and let him go and backed up. he was mad and talked a lot of shit but later he asked me to show him what i had done.

manfred is great. at one time he had the largest muscular arms in the world(esiclene) and competed on worlds strongest man and i believe he was a brawler in his day but a GOOD grapler can find a way.

dont count out a boxer the key is closing a good strong boxer might end the fight before the grappler closes.

ive seen these threads before whats the key to combat success.

broad range martial arts, fitness, and proper attitude. no one art is inherently superior. but a collection of arts like jeet kune do can creat an effective fighter (in my opinion) quicker than some of the classical arts.

can a classic shotokan fighter become a superior fighter? ask funakoshi(sp). respect your brothers martial art (and his hugeness if thats all hes got) cause anyone can beat anyone on any given day. sorry for the large post

If Tito could get inside & withstand the punches given by Tyson long enough for a take down, Tyson is done for, for the simple fact that Tito would put a submission on him and that bitch would tap out or bite him.

if that manfred guy is just a bodybuilder tyson would kill him easily. tyson is a very big muscular dude and with his abilities he would make short work out of any bodybuilder.

the real argument is between the wrestler and the boxer. its a tough call. i have to go with tyson because he is not only extremely powerful but he is also very quick for his size. notice how he has lots of first round knockouts because he is very aggressive. his power punching is second to none. he can knock out the most seasoned professional boxers with one punch. i have no doubt he could do the same with this tito guy. tito needs to be able to grab tyson and keep him very close because one punch connects and its lights out tito.

Keep in mind that Tyson was a street fighter as a kid and he had to learn to fight just to survive. Tyson without gloves could easily kill a person with just a few punches. Even though I am a fan of Manfred, I would say that Tyson would both of them their asses

I agree with the last two replies. Tyson has ungodly punching power, quick hands and feet, plus, a boxer knows how to clinch and tie a guy up on the inside. Tito would have to be able to survive at least one punch to take him down, I would think, and I doubt that he could. Tyson, as pointed out earlier, has made a living out of knocking out huge guys with one shot, guys who are accustomed to being hit by 220 guys fold under Tyson's attack quick. As for a bodybuilder against Tyson, man, we ain't talking about a lat spread comparison here. A guy that makes his living punching is bound to fare better in a fight than a guy who makes his living posing.

NinjaX said:
manfred is a bodybuilder not a fighter, tyson and tito would hand his ass to him

Exactly! These people train their whole lives to fight.

Look at the Gracies they are all small in comparison.

For an example, see the fight in one of the early UFC's (the third I think) where Melton Bowen (a boxer with plenty of skills) takes on a moderate skill grappler. Bowen spends the entire match trying to punch from his back and most of the shots are deflected. The fight lasts a while and both guys are exhausted, but Bowen taps quickly after a great application of a straight arm lock. Game over.

I'd say that boxing is a great sport and has plenty of street application. However, in a ring it is not as useful against a grappler. Grappling ties into the natural abilities of human anatomy (pulling rather than pushing) and so a well-versed grappler has a distinct advantage over most any boxer who doesn't have grappling training.

Top Bottom