Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

4/22 Boxing Byrd vs Klitschko

• Thread starter Thread starter Spartacus
  • Start date Start date
I remember when the younger brother came on the scene. He looked promising. Then I saw Sanders (lefty I think) bounce him around the ring with that left hook.

If Byrd was bigger framed and 50 lbs heavier he would be dominating this division as he is technically the best boxer in it I think. There was an up an comer about 5 or so yrs back named Ike Ibeyabuchi (sp). I figured him to beat Lewis. He went to the pokey for rape and I've not heard of him since.

harmonica said:
I remember when the younger brother came on the scene. He looked promising. Then I saw Sanders (lefty I think) bounce him around the ring with that left hook.

If Byrd was bigger framed and 50 lbs heavier he would be dominating this division as he is technically the best boxer in it I think. There was an up an comer about 5 or so yrs back named Ike Ibeyabuchi (sp). I figured him to beat Lewis. He went to the pokey for rape and I've not heard of him since.

Have you seen Brewster fight? Guy proves size isn't a must in the heavy wieght division. Did you see him fight Golota? Golota was probably 6" taller and he knocked him down three times in the first round. Brewster's hook reminds me of Frazier.

Either way, people still say Byrd is the best in the division.

eat big said:
Have you seen Brewster fight? Guy proves size isn't a must in the heavy wieght division. Did you see him fight Golota? Golota was probably 6" taller and he knocked him down three times in the first round. Brewster's hook reminds me of Frazier.

Either way, people still say Byrd is the best in the division.
I havnt seen Brewster. I havnt been following it like I used to. Still enjoy it though but I am spoiled I guess. Noone interesting on the horizen. I'll check out Brewster.

harmonica said:
I havnt seen Brewster. I havnt been following it like I used to. Still enjoy it though but I am spoiled I guess. Noone interesting on the horizen. I'll check out Brewster.

That's for damn sure. It can't last forever.

damn, that sucked. What happened to the magically elusive Chris Byrd? Homey fucked up by trying to be a "heavyweight" and trying to "please crowds".....he basically quit practicing the shit that got him there, and become a flawed fighter....defensively no less. If somebody told me about 4 years ago that Chris Byrd would one day be thought of as a guy w/ "questionable defense," I would have scoffed at their lack of boxing knowledge, and called 'em a stupid retard.

How about 3 of the 4 strapholders being 6'5"+ European/Russian dudes? Boxing is feeling the same trend as the NBA. Tons of new "underpriveleged" European dudes tearing shit up and taking fools roster spots. The whole "socioeconomic" boxing theory is making a case for itself again, lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom