Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

cant lost the BF

chelly88

i'm totally lost... i'm wondering what i should and shouldnt be eating. every time i try to lost weight... go to the gym 5-6 days a wk, eat healthy and clean with some good fats, whole grains, lots of fruit and veggies (more veggies) and low fat dairy i dont budge. i'm wondering if maybe i'm missing something... maybe not eating enough protein or fat or carbs or what. i eat normal sized meals...balanced, i'm very good about junk food. i read all the fitness mags and i follow a lot of what they say to lose weight but i'm not losing. my BF doesnt drop too much... i've been fairly stable at about 30% for 3-4 yrs but i add some muscle which tips the scale up. i dont want that... i'm 5'9", 158Ilbs approx. 30% BF... any suggestions?

Do you drink much alcohol?

Ive been dieting recently and was having trouble losing any fat too. However, I cut out getting shit faced on a saturday night for the past 2 weeks and now ive dropped 3%

What are your carb sources? Daily diet?

Check out some of the journals on the womens boards. Is your diet similar?

I was told that in order to lower bodyfat one needs to cut out the refined carbs, dairy, and try carb cycling.

I can not believe all those answers and nobody asked how many calories she is taking in. That should have been the first question to ask. Carb/protien/fat dont mean shit until you know exactly how many calories you eat in one day. Write down every single thing you put in your mouth for a week. The answer will be there and only there. Also in a recent study they found that food labels can be out by as much as 20%.

heavy_duty said:
I can not believe all those answers and nobody asked how many calories she is taking in. That should have been the first question to ask. Carb/protien/fat dont mean shit until you know exactly how many calories you eat in one day. Write down every single thing you put in your mouth for a week. The answer will be there and only there. Also in a recent study they found that food labels can be out by as much as 20%.

I agree with Heavy Duty. I am a certified trainer. When I have my clients fill out their form for what they eat in one week it really is amazing. Many people don't understand for instance a 20oz pop is actually 2 1/2 servings. How many people actually drink just one serving. Just remember they only way to lose bodyfat is you need to burn more calories than you take in. Don't give up you can reach your goals you just need to fine tune a few things and you will be back on track. Good luck you can do it!

I have a female client that came to me with a bf testing of 25% . 6 months later she is down to 12% it can be done if you want it bad enough

heavy_duty said:
I can not believe all those answers and nobody asked how many calories she is taking in. That should have been the first question to ask.

Actually I asked her what her diet looks like. Plus she also posted a similar thread on the women's forum. And we are still waiting for her to tell us what she eats.

She says she eats a 110% clean diet, but can not lose any fat. And of course this isn't possible unless she is eating too much, or not enough.

I have a question related to this. Everybody says to lose BF, its all about cals in vs cals out. My question is when doing cardio, to burn fat, it says you need to keep your heart rate at a certain level. But when I do that, I dont burn as many calories as I do when I run. So should I be running and let my heart rate go, or should I just walk and keep my heart rate down?

ok... i used to eat carbs later in the day after dinner... but it was only popcorn, nothing else but have since cut that out... what time should i stop eating carbs?
i've stopped drinking altogether now since i'm quitting smoking... cant drink without a smoke. and i have quit drinking before while dieting and exercising but still didnt make any difference that i noticed.
my main carb sources are whole wheat bread (which i dont even eat that much of since i hate sandwiches...only eat it in the morning)( brown rice, vegetables... no refined carbs, no sugar.
calories at present are at about 1000-1300 calories a day but were at 1500-1700 before.
before when i exercised i didnt even bother watching my heart rate because i was so focused on burning calories... especially after working out for a while and realized that i wasnt dropping BF.

ok...this is what i ate yesterday

breakfast 9:30am- 2 slices whole wheat bread with 2 tbsp peanut butter
2 cups water

snack- missed this ( i know, not good...) was in class

lunch12:30pm- 3 fat free weiners (only 118 cals, lots of protein)
2 pickles (i know, sodium...but i dont eat them too much... and my sodium intake has gone way down since i quit smoking:D)
1 cup cauliflaur (half was going to be part of my snack)

snack- 2:30-apple

dinner:6:30pm- one chicken breast, large salad with 1 tsp dressing, 1/4 cup beans

this was yesterday and lately has been close to this...if not worse. i'm just starting university so i'm still trying to get into the routine. i'm looking into on-campus meal plans but they dont look good... i'm just stumped as to what i can bring (besides always eating protein bars) that i can eat without a huge hassle and bring that won't take up a lot of space. i can't carrry a backpack (back problems)...
thx guys

Top Bottom