Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

fat/carb/ protein breakdown

halfaclue

Banned
I am 6' around 245 and my bf is around 12-14%...currently I am dieting to get my six pack. Lets say that I level out at around 235. What should my maintenance diet be to stay there. As in total calories and breakdown by carbs, fats and proteins. Last year in March I was 260 and dieted down to 211 for a bodybuilding show at the end of June. With in 3 weeks I was up to 227 and 6 months after the show I was 270. I don't want to do that this year. I'd like to eat cleaner and stay leaner all year round and i have never tried that before so i am clueless on the diet. All know is how to get fat and then diet.

To maintain your BMR is as follows,

Basal metabolic rate, or BMR, is the number of calories that are required to maintain a person's body weight based on average body composition. To calculate basal metabolic rate, use the formula below.BMR is 10 x weight, multiplied by the number equal to the persons activity level

Sedentary Light Medium Heavy
BMR * 1.45 BMR * 1.60 BMR * 1.70 BMR * 1.88

Consuming more calories increases weight and fewer calories causes weight loss.

Protein and Carbohydrates are each 4 calories per gram. Fat is 9 calories per gram.

60% of food intake from Carbohydrates .
30% of food intake from Protein is
10% of food intake from Fat .

That is the text book breakdown to maintain your current bodyweight, personally I change that a little making sure the protien is at 1 gram per lb of lean weight so that usually throws the equation off , ends up a little more like 45-50% carbs 45-50% protien 5-10% fat. You have to go by how your body reacts to macros and adjust accordingly. Hope that helps.

halfaclue said:
I am 6' around 245 and my bf is around 12-14%...currently I am dieting to get my six pack. Lets say that I level out at around 235. What should my maintenance diet be to stay there. As in total calories and breakdown by carbs, fats and proteins. Last year in March I was 260 and dieted down to 211 for a bodybuilding show at the end of June. With in 3 weeks I was up to 227 and 6 months after the show I was 270. I don't want to do that this year. I'd like to eat cleaner and stay leaner all year round and i have never tried that before so i am clueless on the diet. All know is how to get fat and then diet.

I would suggest you stick to an isocaloric diet w/ above BMR ratios. Do weight x 15 w/ 40%protein/30%carbs/30%fat, add a refeed once a week and SPRINT INTERVAL TRAINING about 2x per week.

Mr.X

Top Bottom