Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Heavyweight Gainer 900

I love the taste of heavywheight gainer.:p
But I wouldnt try mixxing it with a spoon. The scoop is huge.

Girlwonder said:
Who in here have tasted Champion Nutrition's weight gainers? Do they taste ok and can they be mixed w/a spoon?:confused:

Crank up your cals without all the sugar and crap in a "gainer" - their dead just like Joe Weider (he's dead but has fooled people for years). I'd rec. if you like the liquid route to up the cals via good protein+fat drinks like Muscle Milk...

Re: Re: Heavyweight Gainer 900

PlateheadJim said:

Crank up your cals without all the sugar and crap in a "gainer" - their dead just like Joe Weider (he's dead but has fooled people for years). I'd rec. if you like the liquid route to up the cals via good protein+fat drinks like Muscle Milk...

Muscle Milk? What brand is that? I was plannin to just buy weight gainers and mix them w/my protein cause mrps are expensive. Weight gainers are more economical m/with protein....

Cytosport is the company - on dpsnutrition.com for example the avg $$ is 24.95 for about 2.5lbs. 348 cals per serving with good fats thrown in. Muscle Milk also is considered one of the best and most tolerable drinks. Cytosport, like others, carries a weight gainer which contains multodextrin and other decent lower glycemic carbs and will give you more cals per serving 600 or so + 20 servings at $27.95.

Still I rec. avoiding weight gainers other than maybe for post workout recovery as the extra insulin rush you receive from gainers will usually result in more fat/water gain.

This should be in the supp forum... but the cheapest way to do a weight gainer IMO is to buy dextrose and mix that with a cheap protein powder like optimum nutrition. You can add flax seed oil too if you want some good fat in there with it.

Prolab's NLarge2 is also a very good weightgainer. One serving is about 650 calories and 50 grams high-quality protein. Carbs are from maltodextrin. Its about $30 for a 10lb bucket.

I bought a jug from my.vitanet.com for around $35 shipped. The stuff tastes really good I think, at least the chocolate flavor does. It says the recommended dose is 3x/day...which at 800 cal I found to be way too much for my needs. Also, eat something solid with it. The stuff makes me have the runs like no other. I still have my jug left, and only use it if I miss a meal.

Top Bottom