Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

went to the doctor please read

Hi ironhorse! I'm an MD..the level he was checking is called creatnine kinase(CK). This is an enzyme released by muscles when they are stressed or damaged. If you have muscle mass/percentage that is significantly greater than the average adult and have completed a strenous workout prior to going to your doctor, your CK will be slightly elevated. In the future, wait at least 24 hours after a workout before letting him check your bloodwork

I am a good friend of Iron Horse 242-he passed away this past Sunday from cardiomyopathy. We had the funeral on Friday. He will be missed dearly.

I am a good friend of Iron Horse 242-he passed away this past Sunday from cardiomyopathy. We had the funeral on Friday. He will be missed dearly.

thank you for posting this on here. I hope that some out there may reconsider "finding a new doc" when a test like this comes back the way it did. It warranted looking into. I had a funny looking EKG once and when they did a nuclear stress test they found caridomyopathy. You can be walking around with this and not even know it.

It's amazing that all these people posted and only one person sounded the voice of reason while all others simply told this brother to look the other way. I don't know if the high CK count would idicate damage to the heart (I am not an MD so don't shoot me) but he HAD to have known that there was something wrong. Enlargement of the heart doesn't go unoticed.
May Ironhorse be at peace now and may God bless him and the family he left behind. 39 years old is just to damn young to die no matter what the circumstances are. i for one am totally reevaluating this whole steroid business. I do this as a healthy outlet for some extra energy and also to improve my health. I don't want it to kill me!

It's amazing that all these people posted and only one person sounded the voice of reason while all others simply told this brother to look the other way. I don't know if the high CK count would idicate damage to the heart (I am not an MD so don't shoot me) but he HAD to have known that there was something wrong. Enlargement of the heart doesn't go unoticed.
May Ironhorse be at peace now and may God bless him and the family he left behind. 39 years old is just to damn young to die no matter what the circumstances are. i for one am totally reevaluating this whole steroid business. I do this as a healthy outlet for some extra energy and also to improve my health. I don't want it to kill me!

You can say that again, and again and again.
Its sad how this industry has been taken over by people who are not satisfied unless they are 275 lbs at 5'9". These guys don't look like bodybuilders, they look like gorilla freaks.

I'm very sorry to hear about this guy passing on, very sad. I'd also like to point out, that too many of the people on here are not qualified to give medical advice and this guy should not have been going on a fitness board to ask if his blood work is cause for alarm. He didn't even know what the doctor was talking about. This was in 2005, I have no idea if this death could have been prevented but before you people open your mouth and say "get a new doctor" remember this thread.

Hi ironhorse! I'm an MD..the level he was checking is called creatnine kinase(CK). This is an enzyme released by muscles when they are stressed or damaged. If you have muscle mass/percentage that is significantly greater than the average adult and have completed a strenous workout prior to going to your doctor, your CK will be slightly elevated. In the future, wait at least 24 hours after a workout before letting him check your bloodwork

And for those of us who work out twice a day, up to four hours per day, do we wait until a layoff to do bloodwork?

Doctors seem not to act as proactive health practitioners, but more as workers who diagnose disease and ameliorate pain. I've not yet fount one willing to consider exercise and supplement protocols. Most just interrupt me and end the visit.

Top Bottom