Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Uh-Oh for Microsoft?

hanselthecaretaker

High End Bro
Platinum
Amazing, Apple comes back from the dead to not only survive but become the biggest company in the world and now this. wooow.

If Apple can come back from the dead, then so can M $.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Amazing, Apple comes back from the dead to not only survive but become the biggest company in the world and now this. wooow.

Apple will return to its failures of the past without its leader. It's sad but try Samsung is already kicking the crap out of the in handheld sales. I would love to buy some 2-3 years leap puts on apple.

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness app

IBM was the 800 pound gorilla fighting off the FTC bringing charges of monopoly and restriction of trade in the 1970's and early 1980's.

Kinda ironic Microsoft kept them alive when they should have gone to the dustbin of business history.

Saying that for years - MIcrosoft ain't going away. In fact, their revenues are at all-time highs. That means, they can do as much stupid crap as they want. They can afford the losses.

I lol'd when the article said that the Kinect is a great piece of technology. That may be true, but nobody buys it, and the software is ass for it.

Also, Ballmer is looking like a scarecrow these days. DEVELOPERSDEVELOPERSDEVELOPERSDEVELOPERSDEVELOPERS

The article is kind of stupid, though. The vast majority of businesses simply are not going to switch to Macs or tablets for business use. Most businesses have a hard enough time just switching/updating software. Every company I've worked for that has switched internal software has been met with disgruntled employees, and it takes a full month just to iron out glitches and kinks in the system. It takes another 2-3 months for all of the employees to feel comfortable and efficient in working with the new software. Do you really think the average person wants to migrate to an OS that, for all practical purposes, feels completely foreign in every way? The Mac mouse doesn't even have a right mouse button, for God's sake. It would take the average user a week just to figure out how to use the Mac's mouse.

Stood in store for 4 hours playing with iphone and samsung sIII, ended up buying samsung. I remember something about that whole IBM / Microsoft thing hinging on that old DOS operating system. These stories are like the rise and fall of empires aren't they. amazing.

1. The iPad eats the consumer PC market.

This is happening right now. In the third quarter of 2012, PC sales were down 8 percent on a year-over-year basis worldwide. In the U.S., sales were down 14 percent. A big chunk of the decline can be attributed to the rise of the iPad. Apple sold 14 million iPads last quarter, which is more than the top PC maker, Lenovo, which shipped 13.7 million PCs. Throw in Apple's 4.9 million Macs, and it's the top computer maker by a mile.

"Top computer maker" doesn't mean squat, their market share is still well below 10% isn't it?

Top Bottom