Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lift big to get big? What do YOU think??

Do you have to lift heavy to get big?

• Total voters
I answered "in between"
Altough theres no doubt you have to lift heavy,
but not to heavy to get past the -sometimes thin- line of hurting
You cant grow if youre in rehab

Quote from John Brown, former Mr. Universe: If you want to be big like the big boys, you have to lift big like the big boys, eat big like the big boys and take the big boys drugs. (end quote)

TRAPezoid said:
Heavy, all the way. One things that sucks is that the mass muscle seems to disiapate faster. I fucked up my hand last year and I had to have surgery, I obviously wasn't able to workout. I couldn't workout for 2 months. That muscle left so quickly even though I kept taking protein, eating, etc.

Why is that?

Probably, maybe had reached and surpassed your genetic limits and when you stop pushing the muscle, It will almost immediately beging a decline back to genetic max. That is what I have been told, many threads bout cycling and having to continue to keep any real size above genetic limits. Just my .2 pennies, and they arent worth that much probably !

from what I have seen once a certain degree of power is reached, one shoudl then opt for a higher rep multi exercise routine to look like a bodybuilder

fro me this meant repping 225 for Squats, Deadlifts,and Bench.

once I got up to 315 for reps on all three lifts, I realized that a point of diminishing returns was had

Ive incorporated AB type workouts with great success.
basically if Im trying to get a muscle bigger I train it every 4 days with alternating heavy and light(pretty much low rep+compound=heavy, high rep+compound(but different than the other day)=light). for these bodyparts I stay almost completely away from shock techniques. I find when I do all kinds of drop sets and superset and forced rep and negative orwhatever else you can think of 4 days is not enugh time to recoup and I dont get very much hypertrophy.
I utilize that technique for laging bodyparts
for bodyparts I am just trying to increase the quality of my muscle and perhaps gain a bit of stimulation I train it once every 7 days utilizing shock techniques.

i dunno if thats crazy to you guys but it works for me

some of my personal best lifts
Deadlifts 605x2(using a belt and straps)
Squats 645x2(ass to grass, bodybuilders stance, but ill admit, with a squat suit, belt and wraps)
Bench press 365x10(dont like low rep bench press)
DB Incline press 180'sx 10
Seated Military press 275x8

taken a long time to get there...but it works and I am lifetime injury free...patience is a virtue

thelion2005 said:
You do not have to lift heavy to get big. You have to stimulate, teardown and rebuild.

Chest for example ... You can build a 50 inch chest with three pec exercises, one rib cage and three back exercises, and never have to go over 175 bb or 45 db.

Bro you use 175 bb?!?! How do you stimulate, teardown - i'd have to do 100 reps at that pussy weight. You can't be serious man. How could that possibly stimulate anyone with any decent size.

I think one must switch back and forth between heavy and moderate weights. When you are lifting heavy for some time and strength and size gains slow down to a crawl, its time to go moderate and up the reps.

Then, after your weighs that you repped for 8 or 9 are now 12, go back to heavy....

i find pushing the heaviest weight in different training phases is the key. if i'm doing 1 to 5 reps i'll push the most i can for every set. when i'm hitting 6 to 10 rep range i do the exact same and 12 to 15 the same.

i'm sort of stealing from dante and his manual where he says the heaviest for the given rep range. i cant do the heaviest i can in anything for 20 reps like he does but on my 12 to 15 rep day, yesterday for chest, i was hitting incline db's with 90 for 15 for 3 sets. it was absolutely killer. then flat flies with 80's for 12 for 3 sets. super hard. used alot of rest-pause too.

i just started using the dc principle of heavy as possible at all times for all rep ranges. i think its effective now but need a few more weeks for a final, personal assessment.

prior to this i was using phases of training but had specific days where the intensity was high. now, the intensity is always high regardless of rep ranges.

Top Bottom