Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I've decided to start lifting... however will it take me years to see any progress?

hey i started at 5'6" at 115 lbs so almost as skinny as you :p. i gained 10-15lbs in 2 months and after a year was 150lbs and 2x as strong using crappy ass training methods but doing my best to eat more and eat healthy. I'm no expert, but the 5x5 that madcow2 advocates around here i think would be a great routine to start off with.

Don't FRET! GhettoStudMuffin is HERE!

You're still young and from what I can tell you're probably 19-21.

That's means you're still not fully matured physically.

I'm 24 and weight 213-214lbs right now, but back in high school I could never get heavier than 168lbs no matter how much I ate. Just wouldn't happen.

By the time I was 20 my average bodyweight was 180lbs not even lifting. Now Im 24 and it's 200lbs when not lifting and it ain't all fat.

What I'm trying to say is that you will thicken up some more and put on some weight in the next 3-5 years and not all of it will be fat, but muscle and bone density.

You could put on 50lbs in a year naturally if you EAT like a madman, eating mostly good food, just HUGE quantities of it and lift like a madman 3-5 times a week and constantly strive to get stronger.

One thing I have see no one really talk about is SLEEP! Become a SLEEP FIEND! Sleep 9-10 hours every night, EAT like a madman, train like a madman 3-5 days a week and YOU WILL GROW FAST!

Believe in yourself. Gaining weight is EASY when you EAT ALOT and TRAIN HARD!

I want to thank everyone for their advice so far. Especially radar and GhettoStudMuffin.. very good info. I now feel better about doing this, i'm going to work hard. thanks again

just dont give up and if you have any questions at all im sure someone here can answer it. good luck

You can see results in 2 weeks.

with respect to diet, eat everything. If you have a cafeteria plan, maximize that shit! no less than 2 plates of food per meal

Buy a decent weight gainer and use it when you can't get solid food. If you're doing everything correctly, you should frequently be eating when not hungry.

You can put on muscle weight very quickly doing this, especially considering how skinny you currently are

Neo22 said:
welcome to the board norman.

RADAR---

CLEARLY one of the most impressive posts this site has ever seen.....Great info, brought across in such a manner to teach everyone new tons of things......

For all you "NEWER" bro's---that pic in RADAR's post is ACTUALLY HIM--WHEN HE WAS 49 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!

you should pay attention when you are lucky enough to read his posts!!!!

Top Bottom