Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do people get high on xanax?

plifter said:
Dude, I took 9 tablets at .5 mg each. That makes 4.5 mg. I also downed a dose of nyquil. Keep in mind that I'm 34 years old and I have been prescribed xanax since I was 18. I've been taking the stuff for 16 years. At one time my doc had me taking 12-15 mg/day. However, that was a while ago and I've gotten my normal dosage down to 2 mg of controlled release xanax per day. Tonight I wanted to get a buzz so I popped 4.5 mg of regular xanax. That's the most I've ever done at one time. However, I'm starting to feel light headed right now. Maybe it's just kicking in.

And by the way, I'm hopelessly addicted. My doctor basically told me that I would need to take it for the rest of my life. I have serious panic disorder.

I had panic attacks when I was younger, but only suffered with them for about a year. I still have occasional anxiety problems though. I usually take 0.5 mg xanax if need and at most 1.0 mg.

2.0 mg would definetly put my dick in the dirt.

I can't imagine functioning on 12-15 mg per day.

PICK3 said:
I had panic attacks when I was younger, but only suffered with them for about a year. I still have occasional anxiety problems though. I usually take 0.5 mg xanax if need and at most 1.0 mg.

2.0 mg would definetly put my dick in the dirt.

I have a friend that eats them like candy. Not sure how much is in a pill though.

PICK3 said:

I didn't function very well on that dosage. I don't think many doctors now would prescribe such a dose but back in 1991 I guess it was more common (or my doc was a quack). That was my first year of college at Virginia Tech. All I felt like doing was sleeping. My grades suffered. I was just barely pulling a 2.0 grade point avg. I ended up leaving VA Tech after my sophomore year and transferring to another university in my parents home town. I was a psychological wreck.

Zanax and Valium are very similar--benzos

plifter said:
I just took 4.5 mg and I'm not feeling anything other than drowsiness.
Written by: Prof. Heather Ashton, DM, FRCP Emeritus Professor of Psychopharmacology School of Neurosciences, Division of Psychiatry, The Royal Victoria Infirmary, Queen Victoria Road, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4LP, England, UK First version: 26 Nov 2006. Latest revision: 28 Aug 2007.
What are the main differences between different benzodiazepines?
What is the duration of effects (half life) of Valium, Sobril, Xanax, Xanor, Mogadon, Rohypnol, etc.?

Answer:
Potency
A large number of benzodiazepines are available. There are major differences in potency between different benzodiazepines, so that equivalent doses vary as much as 20-fold. For example, 0.5 milligrams (mg) of alprazolam (Xanax) is approximately equivalent to 10mg of diazepam (Valium). Thus a person on 6mg of alprazolam daily, a dose not uncommonly prescribed in the US, is taking the equivalent of about 120mg of diazepam, a very high dose. These differences in strength have not always been fully appreciated by doctors, and some would not agree with the equivalents given here. Nevertheless, people on potent benzodiazepines such as alprazolam, lorazepam (Ativan) or clonazepam (Klonopin) tend to be using relatively large doses. This difference in potency is important when switching from one benzodiazepine to another, for example changing to diazepam during withdrawal, as described in the next

plifter said:
I didn't function very well on that dosage. I don't think many doctors now would prescribe such a dose but back in 1991 I guess it was more common (or my doc was a quack). That was my first year of college at Virginia Tech. All I felt like doing was sleeping. My grades suffered. I was just barely pulling a 2.0 grade point avg. I ended up leaving VA Tech after my sophomore year and transferring to another university in my parents home town. I was a psychological wreck.

Do you drink alcohol?

aprazolam is a short acting benzo. xanax binds to the benzodiazapine receptors for a very brief time and this is what makes it incredibly addictive. when i say addictive, i mean ADDICTIVE. coming of high doses for long periods is worse than kicking heroin. really no "buzz" to speak of, i have taken 15 or 20 of the 2mg tabs and washed it down with whiskey back in the day, but being an opioid tolerant individual, it did nothing for me. i have mistakenly wound up with hundreds of valiums and xanax in drug store burglaries and we just threw them away. ( they're schedule 4 controlled substance and we laughed about the embarrassment of getting busted with such a bullshit drug. lol)

layinback said:
they're schedule 4 controlled substance and we laughed about the embarrassment of getting busted with such a bullshit drug. lol)

One man's bullshit drug is another's miracle drug

just sayin

You have to use some common sense though ... can't just pop them like Pez :rolleyes:

Top Bottom