Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Broken Hand!!

Thomps9

Hey bros, as you can see by my subject, I have run into a big dilema. Last week my best friend and I had a huge arguement over one of the stupidest things in the world. Our tempers were running high, but luckily we didnt get into a fight, since he is only 150 pounds and looks like a twig. So instead of getting into a fight, i just turned away and punched the wall. Now I have two goddamn broken metacarpels in my right hand, with a big cast on it. Im sure you guys have had problems like this, so I was wondering the best way to go about a workout. Thanks for the help.

Thomps9

A long time ago I was drunk and tried punching a hole in bullet proof glass. I didn't know it was broke it was swollen hurt quite a bit and bruised.
After it didn't get much better after 3 weeks had it x-rayed the doc's called and told me I had broken metacarpels in my pinkie finger in 3 places and did it not heal properly.
It was to late after 3 weeks the healing was occurring and to re-brake would have shattered it worse. I just let it go it very seldom leaves me w/a bit of pain but not bad at all.

I didn't even wear a cast and believe it or not I still worked out not knowing it was broken.

Same sort of thing happened to me last spring. It sucks but I seperated quads and hams for the forst yime in my life and just buried my legs. I saw great results. To do chest I used a pec deck that had a pad and would do 4-5 sets of flyes to failure or until I felt a good pump. You will probably be able to do light lat pulldowns in a week or so it shouldnt be a huge problem. When you can hold weights just go really light for higher reps. That is what I did and I didnt lose much strength at all

I can see hugh gains for your quads in your future...

Tom Platz torn a bicep back in the late 80's. It was ugly. He kept training the other arm hard. His theory was the other (ingured) arm would be quicker to grow once healed if he kept his other arm strong.

Also, make sure you get enough calcium in you diet.

thanks guys....I think im just gonna pound out m y legs until my hand heals. I get the cast off in 3 weeks, but who knows how long it will be until i can hold some big weights. I might just think about hitting cardio hard while just doing some light weights. This may be a good time to drop some BF, who knows.

Hit the machines, your legs and read up on some isometric exercises. You are going to be set back, No doubt about that, but you can slow things down though. Broke my hand last year and I trained through it the best I could. I need to give up riding motorcylces,,, good luck

just went throught it I have been out of the gym for 3 months

peace

Top Bottom