Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlift Plateau

Boss101

My DL seems to have come to a stop. In the past few weeks I've been stuck at a weight for 3 reps and my form is starting to slip.

Anyone have any tips on how I can get my DL going up again?

Boss101 said:

I have trouble at the begining of the pull once I get the weight off the ground it goes up!
I have the same problem, seems if I can get it just a millimeter off the ground I will lock it out, its just getting that first millimeter thats hard lol

I added speed deads which definitely helped and I'm also going to be adding deadlifts off a 2" platform which I also think will help the beginning of my pull....might be something to try.

I'll give the speed deads a try!

What do you think about rack deads with the bar knee high, will I get the same benefits as I would with floor deads?

Stop deadlifting and do something else. Focus on GM's, pullthroughs, lat work, core work, and back squats. Then pull again in a month or so and see what happens.

slobberknocker said:
Stop deadlifting and do something else. Focus on GM's, pullthroughs, lat work, core work, and back squats. Then pull again in a month or so and see what happens.

Good advice.

When you plateau, it's most likely time for a change.

Top Bottom