Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Yanks get Vasquez

BileStew

Vasquez for Nick Johnson, Juan Riveria (Sucked) and Randy Choate.

As much I wish Johnson would have stayed, we now have a young stud pitcher again. 27 years old.

Next up, the signing of Pettitte and (I hope not, he's too old) Kevin Brown.

Yankees got a nice player in JV though I like Johnson as well...

They need to pursue Juan Gonzalez, AROD and Vlad. Everything else is just un-civilized

if only the expos had money, otherwise they'll continue to be relegated to being a feeder team to the other big payroll teams. they're notoriously good at developing talent.

sawastea said:
Yankees got a nice player in JV though I like Johnson as well...

They need to pursue Juan Gonzalez, AROD and Vlad. Everything else is just un-civilized

Juan Gonzo is too old and selfish, they don't need a DH...hence Bernie. AROD deal will NEVER happen. Vlad likes the low key element in Montreal and would never make it in NYC.

Hell, you moved up here from sticksville and you still haven't gotten over your initial fear of the big city...hahaha

What they need to do is resign Pettitte and grab Millwood. Check this starting pitching: Pettitte, Mussina, Vasquez, Millwood, Leiber and Contreras.

Weaver is gone, so is Hammond. Wells won't be resigned IMO and Contreras will battle Leiber for the final spot.

Last edited:
The Yanks will get Sheffield to play right. Weaver was gone when they traded for him last year. They got him so nobody else could. The Yanks still need to add some starting pitching.

A.ROD is going to end up in Boston, with Manny going to Texas. Nomar will end up on the west coast somewhere.

big4life said:
The Yanks will get Sheffield to play right. Weaver was gone when they traded for him last year. They got him so nobody else could. The Yanks still need to add some starting pitching.

A.ROD is going to end up in Boston, with Manny going to Texas. Nomar will end up on the west coast somewhere.

Yanks and Sheff are a done deal. Arod will not go to Boston. He has 7 years left on his contract and his last 5 are for 20 mill a year. Boston won't want to get stuck with that.

Yanks are not done loading up on pitching. Look for Colon or Millwood to be signed.

Romo17 said:

Yanks and Sheff are a done deal. Arod will not go to Boston. He has 7 years left on his contract and his last 5 are for 20 mill a year. Boston won't want to get stuck with that.

Yanks are not done loading up on pitching. Look for Colon or Millwood to be signed.

According to ESPN, Arod was meeting with the owner of Boston this weekend. They say he is considering redoing his contract to get the trade done. There is also talk that Boston will have to carry part of Manny's contract as part of the deal.

big4life said:

According to ESPN, Arod was meeting with the owner of Boston this weekend. They say he is considering redoing his contract to get the trade done. There is also talk that Boston will have to carry part of Manny's contract as part of the deal.

That, I didn't know. Thanks. If Arod does redo his contract, then I can see it happening.

I can't see their offense being what is was like this past season. They're losing Nomar and Manny who and I'm guessing here, averaged between the 2 of them, a .315 BA. 30+ HRs and 100+ RBI's. Plus, they will be letting Trot Nixon go too and he was a hiting machine.

Who will they get to replace Nixon and Manny?

Romo17 said:

That, I didn't know. Thanks. If Arod does redo his contract, then I can see it happening.

I can't see their offense being what is was like this past season. They're losing Nomar and Manny who and I'm guessing here, averaged between the 2 of them, a .315 BA. 30+ HRs and 100+ RBI's. Plus, they will be letting Trot Nixon go too and he was a hiting machine.

Who will they get to replace Nixon and Manny?

I'm not sure who they are going to get, unless they get an outfielder in the Nomar trade. I still don't understand why they don't try to sign Nomar, unless he just wants on the west coast.

All I know is they are going to be taking on a whole lot of debt in these deals. I guess if they wn it all it will be worth it, but if they don't......

big4life said:

I'm not sure who they are going to get, unless they get an outfielder in the Nomar trade. I still don't understand why they don't try to sign Nomar, unless he just wants on the west coast.

All I know is they are going to be taking on a whole lot of debt in these deals. I guess if they wn it all it will be worth it, but if they don't......

If Boston gets all these players along with the amount of money they'll be spending and still lose...I don't want to EVER hear any fan talk about the Yankees payroll...

And Nomar is going to change his last name to Hamm. Mia is calling the shots now.

haha

Top Bottom