Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why the hell are the Olympics being held in the land of smog?

walliwalibus said:
I agree with whomever said m-o-n-e-y. And it's money on many levels. Something will go down over these weeks of Olympics........ Its gonna happen.

lots of races?

Oh yeah, lots of them. Amoung that, you will have other sports also. It's gonna be something whether the world wants it or not.

Army Vet said:
Don't you read the huffingtonpost.com and dailykos.com? The USA is the main culprit of pollution and our nation is evil. If the USA doesn't change the world is going to fall apart. China is just an innocent country.
lolololl.l.ll.ll.l

AV is tellin it, someone listen. If I am correct, and please someone tell me if I am wroong, the USA is China's main consumer. We get alot of product from there........

mrplunkey said:
What what what? I'm confused. You mean to tell me 3 billion people polluting at will can generate more global damage than 300 million people living under environmental laws that are already as strict as anywhere in the world?

Well then the answer is simple. Here in the US we need stronger environmental laws. Problem solved. That will probably help produce more domestic jobs too.

A) there aren't 3 billion people in china

B) 800 million of the roughly 1.2 billion chinese are peasants. All the pollution is happening in the industrialized sectors. People forget that china is still comprised of mostly peasants. Of course that's changing. But regardless..........just because the U.S may not be the most polluted country in the world anymore doesn't mean we should throw up our hands and lower ourselves to the level of the chinese.

To add, just because we sent our jobs over to them to do doesn't mean we have the right to bish about it when it comes to pollution and labor because that the reasons the jobs are there now. Wait, is that what the guy above me said?

walliwalibus said:
To add, just because we sent our jobs over to them to do doesn't mean we have the right to bish about it when it comes to pollution and labor because that the reasons the jobs are there now. Wait, is that what the guy above me said?

no, but you're right anyway. The reason they're industrializing and polluting so much is because they're making shit for us. So basically we just shifted the industrial waste from the U.S to china...........have them pollute their own land and then send the shit they make over here.

redsamurai said:
A) there aren't 3 billion people in china

B) 800 million of the roughly 1.2 billion chinese are peasants. All the pollution is happening in the industrialized sectors. People forget that china is still comprised of mostly peasants. Of course that's changing. But regardless..........just because the U.S may not be the most polluted country in the world anymore doesn't mean we should throw up our hands and lower ourselves to the level of the chinese.

A) I didn't see anywhere I limited the discussion to pollution solely generated by China (because I didn't). Depending on the source, you'll find roughly 3B people living in the third world.

B) I don't recall mentioning that we should lower ourselves to Chinese environmental standards (because I didn't). I did imply that continuing to flail ourselves with new environmental laws at the expense of our domestic economy is a bad idea.

It's the "P" word gentlemen.

Top Bottom