Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who will win - Tyson or Lewis?

Who will win?

• Tyson

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Lewis

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
Bigdawg, nice arguement, honestly. We can both sit here and argue back and forth what would have happened had Tyson gotten to fight Rahman and beaten him so I'm not even going to bring that up again. As for Lewis' style, yeah I think he is slow and plodding and I've seen about 70% of his fights. I'm from Canada so Lewis gets tons of press here even though he bolted to England. I definately don't see him as fast though. He has that jackhammer jab like Foreman and has heavy punches. He doesn't really dance around just kind of jabs his way in and walks in behind it, that's where my assesment of him comes from. As for the arguement about bixers being considered great for beating Tyson, what happened to Holyfield after he won? Like I said, he was thrust into the top 10 heavy weights of all time suddenly. I'm not making this up, we all know this. Boxing mags and commentators do this, the media does it. I just hope you can see my point about that as well. Tyson has proven for years that reach advantage doesn't do much against him. i have yet to see him kept at bay by someone's reach. Also who has Lewis fought? Holyfield twice, Mc Call twice, Briggs, Tua, Grant. All of those people were over rated and walked on by him. Tyson has tried to fight people but since he had no belts it wasn't worth the risk of fighting him. All said I can't wait for this fight to happen and hopefully Tyson wins.

hoeycow said:
Bigdawg, nice arguement, honestly. We can both sit here and argue back and forth what would have happened had Tyson gotten to fight Rahman and beaten him so I'm not even going to bring that up again. As for Lewis' style, yeah I think he is slow and plodding and I've seen about 70% of his fights. I'm from Canada so Lewis gets tons of press here even though he bolted to England. I definately don't see him as fast though. He has that jackhammer jab like Foreman and has heavy punches. He doesn't really dance around just kind of jabs his way in and walks in behind it, that's where my assesment of him comes from. As for the arguement about bixers being considered great for beating Tyson, what happened to Holyfield after he won? Like I said, he was thrust into the top 10 heavy weights of all time suddenly. I'm not making this up, we all know this. Boxing mags and commentators do this, the media does it. I just hope you can see my point about that as well. Tyson has proven for years that reach advantage doesn't do much against him. i have yet to see him kept at bay by someone's reach. Also who has Lewis fought? Holyfield twice, Mc Call twice, Briggs, Tua, Grant. All of those people were over rated and walked on by him. Tyson has tried to fight people but since he had no belts it wasn't worth the risk of fighting him. All said I can't wait for this fight to happen and hopefully Tyson wins.

I love debating boxing with people and that is the good thing about the sport as it can look different through others eyes.

Me being a Canuck as well have followed Lewis since olympic days when he laid the smack down on Bowe. Hey I am 33, been around awhile lol. I think he is boring but is one of the best scientific fighters that has been in the heavywieght division. He isn't really as slow as he comes across and has the size and power to fight the power game, he just does what he needs to win and that means usually outbox his opponent.

I think Lewis is a arrogant self absorbed fucker but he knows how to fight.

Its too bad that Lewis has to beat up a washed up Tyson to get the respect he deserves as a fighter. The media has made it this way and I don't understand it myself as like I said I haven't seen anything good out of a Tyson fight since before he hit the slammer. I myself don't see this being close, I would love it to be as I was a big Tyson fan until he showed what a waste of oxygen he is.

It has been a long time since we have seen a great heavyweight fight and I think we will still be left waiting after this one.

Tyson has slowed to much to get inside a jab like Lewis's. I am sure Lewis could knock him out but will figth the type of fight that wins it for him. It is boring as hell but winning is what counts as much as it bores the hell out of the rest of us.

Don't get me started on Holyfield, I think he was waaaay overrated and never considered him a real heavyweight. I wish Tyson would have fought him in his prime cause Holyfield would have awaken on his ass inside of three rounds.

BigDawg a canadian, I wondered why the fervent appreciation for lewis. Lewis is good now but was the luckiest fuck in boxing not too long ago. The fight against Bruno was telltale of lewis' career. A lucky punch(and that is incontrovertable) saved his loser ass. Bruno is the only chin weaker than lewis.Tyson is a fuck up but he would have liquified lewis at his best, hands down. Look at the Spinks 91 second fight and tell me ANYBODY was that good. You can't unless you go to Henry Armstrong or Sadler or Pep. I think it comes down to how much speed Tyson gets back wether or not it sees 5. It could be a 1 round blow out that shocks people. I'd really hate to see Iron Mike do stupid shit again after he eats MILES of lewis' jab. That jab is the way lewis could win but his chin is absolutely SHIT.

If you look at the styles and physiques involved, it very much resembles Ali/Louis. Lewis like Ali will win the fight as long as he used that jab to keep tyson at bay.

Tyson can win, but he's got to get by the jab and in close so his short arms can do damage.

Lewis by KO in the 6th.

Hey BIGDAWG I dont know how Lewis is gonna be able to run around the ring with you swinging from his nutz like that so I am gonna have to go with Tyson.;)

Top Bottom