Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what do you guys do if your opponent bleeds during sparring?

danielson

Elite Mentor
Platinum
no im not chewing anyones ear off or anything, but say their knuckle or forearm cuts because their skin is soft, and they are dropping small amounts of blood everywhere.....

you guys stop? i know the risk is small, but its still a risk. i got some on my hand, no open cuts on them, but i only got to put a glove on after i noticed him bleeding....(was doing kali drills as opposed to no gloved sparring :D)

Last edited:
I've never actually stopped for blood before unless it was severe, or it had to be checked out. If I ever saw blood on the face, that just became my new target for a while. One of my buddies is a corrections officer, and he freaked out after getting some inmate's blood on him a while back. Then I realized how often I've rolled around the mat in other dudes' blood in the past. Its just part of the sport I guess, and you cross your fingers. When you really mix it up, both fighters will bleed from somewhere and blood will mix on skin and in cuts, its inevitable the longer you train.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. But thats just me.

thanks, i think i'm cool as long as i dont have any broken skin, its just that i do some work with health realted stuff, so its something im maybe too aware off

usually ive had sparring mitts on when this happened to me in empty hands, its just i was constantly checking this guys hand and then noticed it had bled. i think its something i just gotta get used to like u said though :)

I only stop if it become a detriment to them and distracts them or they are cleary beaten. Getting a busted nose and barely able to breath cause all the blood is not a good way to spar. Sparring is about learning not picking on them when they have a handicap. In a match or fight though its a different fucking story

It really depends on a lot of things.

If it is someone my age and they have a bloody nose...we take care of it immediately and then I ask...'do you want to continue'. They need to be put in the position where they just want to fight...blood or not. It is just blood and they will have to fight through all situations someday...they need to experience this before they get to a contest...

It is the same principle as a lot of WSB training and going heavy or wearing thier lifting gear before a contest...be ready for contest situations and failures before the contest...must be prepared.

B True

Top Bottom