Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weight Gain Help

johnliamten

Hey, I'm 16 years old, and I currently weigh around 155-160 pounds. I eat at least 3000 calories a day, which takes pretty much everything I've got. I'm also in the fourth week of madcow's intermediate version of the Bill Starr 5X5 and I've seen at least 15 pound increases in all my lifts. I haven't gained a pound of weight however. I play on a soccer team, which involves 4 to 6 hours of very intense cardio a week, and I play piano 7 hours a week (which burns about the same amount of calories as a slow walk). Do I have no choice but to shoot for 4000 calories a day to gain weight? Assuming no cardio is dropped

Kinda obvious, but ya. You need to eat more.

You can do the best routine in the world with the best technique and take the best supplements and if you want to grow, but don't eat enough it won't mean shit.

4000 a day sounds like a decent starting point. Btw, 4k is very easy to reach every day.

yeah man no wonder your having trouble, 3k is definitely not enough to spark weight gain. Combined with your very intense cardio you should be eating 4k+

Add one more shake a day and you'll be good. Get an extra 50g of protein, 50g of carbs and ~10g fat and you'll be gaining 1lb a week.

Caloric excess is where its at...slather mayo on everything that goes into your mouth, even your toothbrush.

Seriously though go with the extra shake and an extra steak every now and then never killed anyone...well it probably has but you'll be fine.

Kinda obvious, but ya. You need to eat more.

You can do the best routine in the world with the best technique and take the best supplements and if you want to grow, but don't eat enough it won't mean shit.

4000 a day sounds like a decent starting point. Btw, 4k is very easy to reach every day.

how??? i have to make a concerted effort to eat even 2500 a day.

Superdave, if 2500 takes effort then perhaps gastric enlargement surgery is for you?:mix:

no i mean its not physically hard to eat the food, its just hard to stay on top of the schedule and time it takes to get all the food and make it, etc.

Top Bottom