Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Watching the 80's basketball on ESPN classic. These teams could smoke the teams of today.

biteme

MVP
EF VIP
Bird is about to score 60 pts against the Hawks. He had the all around game.

string_bean00 said:
Different game back then. I don't know if you can say they'd smoke the teams of today. Two different eras.

They look better to me. I watched the Lakers/76'ers with Magic and crew (what a team) 3 players on the all time 50 greatest players list and Charles Barkley, Mo Cheeks and Andrew Tony were awesome.

Re: Watching the 80's basketball on ESPN classic. These teams could smoke the teams o

biteme said:
They look better to me. I watched the Lakers/76'ers with Magic and crew (what a team) 3 players on the all time 50 greatest players list and Charles Barkley, Mo Cheeks and Andrew Tony were awesome.

If you transported those teams to today's game half the rosters would foul out in the first quarter.

Re: Watching the 80's basketball on ESPN classic. These teams could smoke the teams o

string_bean00 said:
If you transported those teams to today's game half the rosters would foul out in the first quarter.

No shit. It has gotten out of control. The damn officials decide too many games today.

biteme said:
No shit. It has gotten out of control. The damn officials decide too many games today.

the fouls today are just ridiculous. Today if you just drive the lane and throw some ridiculous shit towards the basket you are getting 2 free throws The Heat had 50 free throws one of those games that is just ridiculous.

Thats really not true bm.

Defences cancel out showboats. Try playing against a guy who looks average in the NBA.

He will rain 3 pointers at will....or do anything else he damn well pleases. Unless you mug him.

the game back then was much more of a team game, not like todays game of one guy trying to take over the game
the internationals play a team game still, guess which teams always win in the olympics and world championships now and which teams get embarrassed
the lakers and celtic teams of the 80s would drill the heat so bad it would be laughable

People are starting to compare Nowitski to Bird. Not even close. Dirk can be taken out of a game with strong physical play. Bird was dangerous all the time in every way.

I got to agree with team ball. Man at any given moment The 80's celtics or lakers could put 5 guys on the floor capable of doing it all. People thought Michael Jordan tried to take over games and a lot f times he did but he had a great supporting cast as well when the glory days of the bulls were on.

Top Bottom