Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Walmart tells blacks to leave the store.

Temperature, skin color, per capita income, and IQ: An international perspective

Abstract

The impetus for our study was the contention of both Lynn [Lynn, R. (1991) Race differences in intelligence: A global perspective. Mankind Quarterly, 31, 255–296] and Rushton (Rushton [Rushton, J. P. (1995). Race, evolution and behavior: A life history perspective. New Brunswick, NJ: Transaction; Rushton, J. P. (1997). Race, intelligence, and the brain: The errors and omissions of the revised edition of S.J. Gould's the mismeasurement of man. Personality and Individual Differences, 23, 169–180; Rushton, J. P. (2000). Race, evolution, and behavior. A life history perspective (3rd edition). Port Huron: Charles Darwin Research Institute] that persons in colder climates tend to have higher IQs than persons in warmer climates. We correlated mean IQ of 129 countries with per capita income, skin color, and winter and summer temperatures, conceptualizing skin color as a multigenerational reflection of climate. The highest correlations were − 0.92 (rho = − 0.91) for skin color, − 0.76 (rho = − 0.76) for mean high winter temperature, − 0.66 (rho = − 0.68) for mean low winter temperature, and 0.63 (rho = 0.74) for real gross domestic product per capita. The correlations with population of country controlled for are almost identical. Our findings provide strong support for the observation of Lynn and of Rushton that persons in colder climates tend to have higher IQs. These findings could also be viewed as congruent with, although not providing unequivocal evidence for, the contention that higher intelligence evolves in colder climates. The finding of higher IQ in Eurasians than Africans could also be viewed as congruent with the position of Diamond (1997) that knowledge and resources are transmitted more readily on the Eurasian west–east axis.
LOL too funny
but I don't think IQ is a good marker of intelligence due to cultural bias in tests. What is necessary to be considered intelligent in Canada might leave you considered a real dumbass in Papua New Guinea, for example.

LOL too funny
but I don't think IQ is a good marker of intelligence due to cultural bias in tests. What is necessary to be considered intelligent in Canada might leave you considered a real dumbass in Papua New Guinea, for example.

Lots of skills, such as reading and writing, are cross-cultural.

If intelligence was supposed to have developed in the colder climates.....why then does the foundations of our mathematical and scientific knowledge come from the deserts of the middle east and the tropical climates of south america? I don't think the inca's and aztecs had to endure a whole lot of harsh winters. I'd like to see someone give this an honest look and see what the effect of stepping away from organzid dogmatic thought patterns had on the progression of knowledge (ie IQ).

Lots of skills, such as reading and writing, are cross-cultural.

My nemesis: Those horrible little boxes that are shown unfolded with choices presented of what they will look like all folded up.
I am a reasonably intelligent person, but damned if I can answer any of those correctly.
If those are taken into account, then I am considered quite dull.
If not, then I'm just tops.

If intelligence was supposed to have developed in the colder climates.....why then does the foundations of our mathematical and scientific knowledge come from the deserts of the middle east and the tropical climates of south america? I don't think the inca's and aztecs had to endure a whole lot of harsh winters. I'd like to see someone give this an honest look and see what the effect of stepping away from organzid dogmatic thought patterns had on the progression of knowledge (ie IQ).

cuz thats where the aliens landed and infused knowledge upon the land.

I'm not the one trying to argue whether there is a correlation or not. The cut-and-paste is full of references -- PUBMED is your friend!

I'm not the one trying to argue whether there is a correlation or not. The cut-and-paste is full of references -- PUBMED is your friend!

you know stats, and infuriatingly...so do i now, at least buisness stats. So I know how things can be massaged and manipulated. Not saying that's going on here....one would have to sift through their data and see how it was collected. But what do "you" think about my earlier point? If colder folks are supposed to be smarter, that must be a relatively recent phenomena because of our scientific foundations emanating from much much hotter regions. I'll have to check on this to make sure, but I think the foundations of calculus came from somewhere in the middle east and india...does it not? and astronomy, well those folks figured things out about our universe that today's scientists still can't figure out how they did it. They also never figured out just how the fuck the egyptians built the pyramids....and even if they had, that's still pretty fucking impressive for a stone cutting era society.

cuz thats where the aliens landed and infused knowledge upon the land.

LMFAO. Movie material right there. It's probably been done many times already, but never really gets old.

you know stats, and infuriatingly...so do i now, at least buisness stats. So I know how things can be massaged and manipulated. Not saying that's going on here....one would have to sift through their data and see how it was collected. But what do "you" think about my earlier point? If colder folks are supposed to be smarter, that must be a relatively recent phenomena because of our scientific foundations emanating from much much hotter regions. I'll have to check on this to make sure, but I think the foundations of calculus came from somewhere in the middle east and india...does it not? and astronomy, well those folks figured things out about our universe that today's scientists still can't figure out how they did it. They also never figured out just how the fuck the egyptians built the pyramids....and even if they had, that's still pretty fucking impressive for a stone cutting era society.

I'd fact-check that calculus thing.

The most interesting theory I've read is that harsher climates with shorter days and shorter growing seasons requires more planning. Concepts such as planning and consequences originate in the frontal lobe. So the theory goes that our horribly energy inefficient and otherwise evolutionarily unsound neocortex was forced-bred upward because early humans who couldn't plan simply died off.

Top Bottom