Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

usa basketball team beaten by italy

USA BB is more concerned with money than with winning or practicing. I'm sure that the ppl on Italy's team are a lot less wealthy, and so therefore they practice more because they wanted it more. Win or lose, everyone on the US team is still getting paid millions, if not 10's of millions (LeBron) a year.

PIGEON-RAT said:
That's what happens when almost none of the great players want to play on the Olympic team.

Tim Duncan? NBA MVP. LeBron James? Enough Said.
lets see who else is there... I'm too lazy to check it out, but I know they all kick ass.

True. The best players are staying home. I forgot about that. A lot of college kids essentially, along with Tim Duncan. I don't think Iverson is that great of a team player. He is almost a liability in the style of game going to be played at the Olympics.

Probably any one upper-tier NBA team would have whooped up on Italy because they are more used to playing in a system, are comfortable with each other, and the coach could have helped them adjust to italy's style of play. The number one problem with Team USA is chemistry.

Aeoleon said:
Tim Duncan? NBA MVP. LeBron James? Enough Said.
lets see who else is there... I'm too lazy to check it out, but I know they all kick ass.

Tim Duncan yes. Lebron James no. In the years to come? Sure, he will be great. But as of now he is one of the youngest professional players ever. He has one year under his belt.

no garnett, kidd, mcgrady, no kobe or webber. heck rip hamilton and mike bibby turned the team down. The olympics are not important to these guys, but to other countries they place no greater importance than on these games.

losses like this happen because you play a team that thinks the game is important and you think that there is no way you won't win.

Part of it is lack of team play, part of it is lack of incentive for the NBA stars to be on the USA team. It's silly, either way.

Didn't Yugoslavia win the gold last time?

slickdadd said:
Shows how bad the NBA game has become. When they actually play fundamentally sound teams like those found in europe, they are lost because the one on one style game is far inferior. The talent is there, just not the right mindset or skills. I'd be pretty surprised if the U.S. even medals to be honest. If you watched the playoffs this year you would realize how low the level of basketball being played was. You see a higher level of ball at any upper tier college basketball game.

I posted a thread about this on the sports board. Today's NBA teams would get the shit kicked out of them by the 80's celtic and lakers teams. Poor shooting, bad fundamentals, missed layups, etc. I don't care how athletic they are, it doesn't make you a great player just because you are very athletic. Of course most of the young guys disagreed with me. Soon, they'll see the light.

Last edited:
Top Bottom