Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ultimate Fight Night Live on Spike...TONIGHT!

JL_204 said:
Matt Hughes isnt my favorite fighter either, but I have to disagree with you here. Matt realized he had to step up his game after losing to BJ Penn and has evolved into a damn good ground fighter. He trains with Jeremy Horn who is a ground wizard.

Just look at how he reversed a fairly tight kimura from st. pierre into an armbar. That isnt basic jui-jitsu. Thats advanced shit.

No argument here. Hughes is a damn good ground fighter. It's what makes him good thats the difference between him, and say... Karo Parysian. A lot (Notice I didn't say the only thing) of what makes him so good is that he is so much stronger than anyone else. He can reverse/escape techniques that most fighters can't, just because of his strength.
Conversely, there aren't many fighters that are more technically proficient submission artists than Karo. No, he isn't as strong as a lot of the other top 170 pounders, and you won't see stop too many guys with TKO's due to strikes, but he is as dangerous as they at setting up chokes, armlocks etc.

Top Bottom