Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ultimate Fight Night Live on Spike...TONIGHT!

MikeMartial

Here's the fight card, and my predictions based on nothing but my own opinions: ;)

Sylvia vs Silva: I'm going with Sylvia, even though Silva has a better record and conditioning. Sylvia has been on top before, has fallen, and is trying to climb back. He knows what's at stake. Silva has less to lose.

Bonnar vs Irvin: Bonnar. Always go with a guy who has won a Golden Gloves

Fisher vs Riley: Don't know either of these dudes, but I believe both are fighting/trainign with Miletich. If that's the case, should be a good fight.

Fickett vs Burkman: Burkman. We never got a good chance to see him during the TUF2 season, due to the broken arm, and I think he'll be impressive. Fickett has a good record, but IMO, he was extremely lucky in his last fight.

Leben vs Rivera: Godamn I hope Leben gets beat. There's just something about him I highly dislike. I have to admit he was impressive with his last submission win, though. But please, someone shut him up for a while. Rivera did beat Loiseau back in UFC 44, which surprises me.

Karalexis vs Von Flue: Who knows. I don't really have much to say about either fighter. Karalexis was easily forgotten from season 1 of TUF, and if Von Flue take anymore hits to the face....shit, he'll have to walk around with that mug duct-taped 24-7. On a serious note, Von Flue, just because he's so unorthadox.

Goulet vs Ludwig: Goulet, easily. He trains with Georges St. Pierre and David Loiseau. 'Nuff said.

Guilliard vs Neer Guilliard is one of those punk-ass bozos that shoots off his mouth too much, but he'll take this fight. I think everyone was surprised at his loss during the TUF2 season. He's got the athletic edge, and some nice explosive power.

The hour before will be. The "Ultimate Fight Night Live" is actually, truely live from Las Vegas. Check www.ufc.tv

The UFC does this a few weeks prior to their PPV event, to hype it up.

Expect a LOT of time for commercials, and as usual with Spike, a lot of the SAME commercials. They seem to be into repetative conditioning :D

But, IMO, it's worth it for the fights.

MikeMartial said:
The hour before will be. The "Ultimate Fight Night Live" is actually, truely live from Las Vegas. Check www.ufc.tv

The UFC does this a few weeks prior to their PPV event, to hype it up.

Expect a LOT of time for commercials, and as usual with Spike, a lot of the SAME commercials. They seem to be into repetative conditioning :D

HAHAHAHAHA !

They will also be announcing the return of Royce Gracie in may to fight matt hughes at 175 in a non title fight, as well as events in cali and the return of the 155lb class.

Overall a pretty solid show.

Bang's quick KO was cool.

I wish I could see more of Irvins standup.

Tim Sylvia didnt impress me at all. His footwork was bad and he seems a bit uncooridinated.

Although Leben annoys the shit out of me, hes one tough dude. Rivera is no slouch.

Tim Sylvia is one ugly freak and he has never impressed me - he's just big (6'8"). I would like to see him get his ass whooped by Cro Cop or Fedor.

Burkman was impressive.

Leben is very annoying and I can't wait for him to get beaten silly, but I got to give it to him - he's one tough mother.

Ludwig training with Baz Rutten showed - BAM, lights out!

Bonnar talked a good game about standing up with Irvin but after absorbing on of his shots he quickly decided to take it to the ground and avoid getting KTFO.

1392477 said:
Tim Sylvia is one ugly freak and he has never impressed me - he's just big (6'8"). I would like to see him get his ass whooped by Cro Cop or Fedor.

I'm surprised Silva didn't try more takedowns. Regardless, Arlovski will eat Sylvia for lunch---again. You could basically read his mind when the camera was on him in the crowd: "This is a fucking joke, the next title match will be a cakewalk". I'd like to see Arlovski in Pride.

1392477 said:
Burkman was impressive.

Yup, and hopefully there'll be more of him to come. By watching that throw he laid on Fickett, he seems like a strong mofo for 170.

1392477 said:
Leben is very annoying and I can't wait for him to get beaten silly, but I got to give it to him - he's one tough mother..

Godamn I hate to admit it, but he is a tough SOB. But someone will beat his ass down one day.

1392477 said:
Ludwig training with Baz Rutten showed - BAM, lights out!

Wow, I sure as hell didn't see that coming. And neither did Goulet. That was one well-timed punch by Ludwig; I think Goulet was a wee bit over-anxious. Should have been a new KO record at 4 seconds, IMO.

1392477 said:
Bonnar talked a good game about standing up with Irvin but after absorbing on of his shots he quickly decided to take it to the ground and avoid getting KTFO.

Gotta disagree on this one; I think Bonnar would have been happy to stand up, and we know he can take a punch. I couldn't believe how far he was cranking on that arm, though. I wonder how Irvin is feeling today, lol. I expect there'll be a Bonnar vs Griffin 2 in the near future.

----I'm not too happy with seeing a match between Royce Gracie and Hughes; a guy like Gracie is a pure legend, but the skill level has moved WAY beyond where he was at. Matt will obviously dominate him, and in the end, no one will really win.

Top Bottom