Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Took my kids to a HS football game last night and I'm sad to say...

Out of 280 million people in america---only a few hundred actually run the country( and I can almost bet my life that none of them were at your game last night)

back in high school I remember this one kid had a freaking mohawk with purlple color in it(was rumored to get be drunk almost everyday)

today he is an assist district attorney ----- so whatever

Kids are going to be kids-----

most high school football games have a section where most of the kids stand and watch(a lot of them drunk) from the same area(its where people go to be seen and try to pick up chix, and find out whos having the party after) If I had a kid and brought him to a high school game, I would stay as far away from the mob of kids as I could---its their school and its their team(they only have 3 years to say that)-----you can't control the people around you but only your own actions....

Many parents do nothing about parenting. What can we expect the outcome to be?

It seems like the girls swear more than the guys now. I keep seeing young girs head to a drinking bar, (no club-just a bar) and just drink and swear. Little talking going on too. These will make some fine mothers. :rolleyes:

TTLPKG....

I know what you are talking about. I am only 28.. I go into public and I see these kids running around like a bunch of fucking wild beasts. They respect nobody.. but you know what... it is our fault. The newest Eminem cd.. and MTV and all of that mindless media pushes that on them.

Wonder what our Grandparents think?

TTLPKG.... if your Grandfather is still alive.. you should ask him about this. Alot of the guys I build racecars with are older black men. Between the ages of 45 and 75... I ask them all the time what they think of it.. their replies are amazing.

Wombat said:
Out of 280 million people in america---only a few hundred actually run the country( and I can almost bet my life that none of them were at your game last night)

Kids are going to be kids-----

-its their school and its their team(they only have 3 years to say that)-----you can't control the people around you but only your own actions....

I call Bullshit here. It is easy to turn a blind eye and say "aw, theyr'e just kids". I remember my HS days quite well and I had a lot of fun, but I knew my limits.

I can indeed control my immediate environment to an extent. I will not refrain from taking my kids to enjoy football because of a few knuckleheads. I could have gotten up and moved, had them move or get them to shut up. The latter worked. I am pretty sure these girls were ashamed after I scolded them and that's why they stayed quiet. They are only 14, 15 yrs old and probably don't get the type of discipline that they NEED.

dballer said:
TTLPKG.... if your Grandfather is still alive.. you should ask him about this. Alot of the guys I build racecars with are older black men. Between the ages of 45 and 75... I ask them all the time what they think of it.. their replies are amazing.

Well, my grandfather is deceased, but my pop is about 68. He is as conservative as they come, though he is a democrat. He is about to start his 3rd career, as an American Legion Officer, after 30 yrs in the Army backed by 20 yrs Civil Service.

He had no tolerance for knucklehead behavior from me and my siblings.

I bet!!

My Dad is a little younger... but I bet they are about the same..

Good old American child control.

ttlpkg said:

I call Bullshit here. It is easy to turn a blind eye and say "aw, theyr'e just kids". I remember my HS days quite well and I had a lot of fun, but I knew my limits.

I can indeed control my immediate environment to an extent. I will not refrain from taking my kids to enjoy football because of a few knuckleheads. I could have gotten up and moved, had them move or get them to shut up. The latter worked. I am pretty sure these girls were ashamed after I scolded them and that's why they stayed quiet. They are only 14, 15 yrs old and probably don't get the type of discipline that they NEED.

so I guess taking your kids to a pro football or baseball game is out of the question then.....I've been to over 30 pro football games and let me tell ya---every single one of them--was one big party with people partying to excess-swearing-puking-etc(esp. in the parking lots)----in a perfect world your way of thinking is right on---but in reality getting upset at people for acting and speaking a certain way will only piss you off even more.......its too bad kids have to see ADULTS let alone teenagers act this way----but its just the way it is.......kids haven't gotten "worse", the world has......peace

Wombat said:

so I guess taking your kids to a pro football or baseball game is out of the question then.....I've been to over 30 pro football games and let me tell ya---every single one of them--was one big party with people partying to excess-swearing-puking-etc(esp. in the parking lots)----in a perfect world your way of thinking is right on---but in reality getting upset at people for acting and speaking a certain way will only piss you off even more.......its too bad kids have to see ADULTS let alone teenagers act this way----but its just the way it is.......kids haven't gotten "worse", the world has......peace

If I take my kids to a pro game where beer is served that is one thing. I know what to expect. Tolerating that behavior from 14 and 15 yr olds on public school grounds is quite another...

ttlpkg said:
They are only 14, 15 yrs old and probably don't get the type of discipline that they NEED.

That's what I'M saying. Whew, and I thought I was the only one who had those fantasies.

Yes, that was a tasteless joke. :D

Nice way to sum it up, bro.

HappyScrappy said:
As far back as I can remember (about 3 weeks), people older than me have been complaining about "today's youth" and how the nation is going to "hell in a handbasket"

the worst part is now I see today's youth and immediately just imagine the handbasket that our nation is going to need for its trip.
I'm getting to be one of the old ones.

some day I will have kids that, along with the rest of their generation, will make the kids of today look tame.

I remember when Metallica was BAD ASS and Guns N Roses were just wild and I couldn't imagine anything louder and more intense. Now listening to them is kind of silly after listening to some of the new stuff.
Clothing styles go through a cycle - albeit and forward moving one.
Language is going to evolve no matter what due to the fact that we allow people from all over the world to move here - that is (last I heard) how our country got started, and how the "American" language came to be (Brits laugh at us over there when we say some of our shit).

When my dad was young, he rebelled with The Stones' "Street Fighting Man" (I think it says "damn" or "bitch" in it), in my day it was The Cult, Guns N Roses, and Metallica, and I'm sure my kid will have something that Marilyn Manson look cute and cuddly.
But over time it all sort of looks the same when you look back at it.

It is only when you are smack in the middle of the new stuff does it all seem so crazy.

Top Bottom