Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The New York Yankees

• Thread starter Thread starter roidog420
  • Start date Start date
R

roidog420

Is it unpatriotic or un-PC to say that you absolutely hate the Yankees nowadays? I mean, after all, "the Yanks are from NYC" and "the Trade Center was in NYC" & "all the people in the Trade Center" & "how can you root against the Yankees"---and all the other shit people might say. I say FUCK THE YANKEES. I hate 'em. I hope the Mariners sweep the next four games! They(Seattle)are winning 12-2 now btw. Anyone else hate the "Bought Bombers"?

Bieng from Baltimore, I hate them too. Especially that little kid who cost the O's the ALCS back in 95.

Go mariners.

I like the Yanks, they were my father's favorite team.
So I'll pull for them, even if they play the Braves.

I wanted the damn A's to beat em. I thought they were the better team. I'm sick of the Yankees. Them winning the world series isn't going to change jack shit.

If anything it'll make things worse. I was in Manhattan after the yankees won the series last year, and the parade was a fucking joke. There were more punks and shady characters than I've ever seen, and the streets were totally covered in trash when it was all done.

Well I'm a Yankee fan.,..have been since the early 80's when they sucked. So I paid my dues. And now that they are on top I'm still a fan.

Sure are alot of Haters on this thread. Everyone is entitled to thier opinion though. None of us play the games...all we can do is watch. So fighting about it is pointless.

It's entertainment...enjoy :)

Been a fan since the 1970's, so I saw the good, the bad, the ugly. When they won for the first time in this run, I cried when I realized it had been more than 10 years of waiting.

Lots of unsubstantiated haters out here as the Yanks really don't have any truly despicable characters on their theam other than the owner. They are a great example of teamwork and making the most of opportunities.

The salary of the team is ridiculous for the players they have; any other team would have 6 or 7 marquee players with attitudes like Barry Bonds and Albert Belle. Most of the star players on the Yanks now came up through the farm system and are only earning big bucks now after being underpaid for years (Pettite, Posada, Williams, Jeter...)

Are you people mad?

The Yankees are the greatest team, ever!

Look at the roster: a bunch of old warriors. Workhorses. Look. Compare the average age of the Yankees to the Mariners and especially those pesky A's (do any of them even shave? have descended testicles?)....

There is something to be admired in a group of guys who are not marquee players, who are not Edgar Martinez, or Giambi (aka the "steroid monkey" or Boone or Ichiro, just guys who play the "Small Ball" and keep the mythology alive after years and years.

And to the guy who posted about the mess in Manhattan after the parade: that was ticker tape. New York IS messy. The whole New York/New Jersey area is like that line of Springsteen's Thunder Road: "She ain't a beauty, but she could run alright." (He was talking about a CAR ... sort of.)

We ARE messy. You want clean? Wait for the Twins to win. St. Paul is clean.

Look at Joe Torre, for crying out loud. Those crinkly old eyes. When he cried after the World Series win. That man is dignity incarnate.

Look at Paul O'Neil, the aging warrior who gives almost TOO MUCH.

Look at Jorge Posada, whose son suffers some brain disease. He carried his son in his arms when he was being introduced at the All-Stars.

Look at the Rocket, who is pure passion for the game, and rubs the portrait of Babe Ruth for luck (while Derek Jeter rubs the bald head of Don Zimmer!).

Top Bottom