Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Stock Market Hits 1997 Level

I think the worst part of todays market failure is the lack of significant volume that signals a bottom!

Yeah, Ive been looking for some sort of mass capitulation that has yet to come. Im still hopeful though...with my money at least.

...It's time for the son to realize his father has wisdom...
He gave me a high end education....and his old school values...I'm struggling and my dad knew...
said it before; gonna say it again: "the older i get the smarter my father becomes". :artist:

time to jump in HARD if you're young and can afford the risk and have the ability to wait on your reward. . .personally. . .i'm gambling as much as i can afford to lose right now. . .stupid not to. . .
i've been investing in the govenment's 401-K plan since day one on the job, spreading it out in every fund avialable to me to inverst in.

market goes up...market goes down.........

i've been investing in the govenment's 401-K plan since day one on the job, spreading it out in every fund avialable to me to inverst in.

market goes up...market goes down.........

that's obviously the best way to do it. . .but, for anyone that has put things off. . .or just has some extra money lying around and they'd like to get some buy-and-hold ownership interest in the best publicly-traded companies on the planet, at bargain-basement prices, you're probably not going to see another time like this for a while. . .

that's obviously the best way to do it. . .but, for anyone that has put things off. . .or just has some extra money lying around and they'd like to get some buy-and-hold ownership interest in the best publicly-traded companies on the planet, at bargain-basement prices, you're probably not going to see another time like this for a while. . .

Yeah but you have to be okay with waiting 10 years to see your $2000 investment turn into $3300. Most people who have more money to invest, like hundreds of thousands or millions - are better off investing in gold, or active investing. ie: Investing in something they know about, but others don't.

r

Yeah but you have to be okay with waiting 10 years to see your $2000 investment turn into $3300. Most people who have more money to invest, like hundreds of thousands or millions - are better off investing in gold, or active investing. ie: Investing in something they know about, but others don't.

r

unfortunately we (the members of ef) aren't "most people". . .moderate, steady, consistent "saving" is the key for "the rest of us". . .a group in which i am firmly entrenched. . .

Dude, I know nothing about stocks. I don't know what this short/long thing is. I just wanted to put this money back into, like, normal stock things.

:cow:

Sorry about that. "Double long" basically means that if the price of oil goes up (which everyone believes it will...probably a good 50% upside as the economy recovers) you will make double that.

If it drops, you will lose double that.

If youre looking for plain vanilla find a simple S&P ETF such as PWC: PWC - PowerShares Dynamic Market (ETF) - Google Finance

Follows the broad S&P 500, which has lost about 48% of its value over the past 14 months.

Top Bottom