Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

South Beach?

holo

Anyone been there?
I heard from on of my friend thats it's very "tendance"
what are the good clubs, Resto, shopping?
is it worth it to go there or Miami beach better?

please post your opinions aswell.

holo said:
Anyone been there?

It's my second home, actually we have a second home about an hour north, but I spent many of my formative years coming and going in SoBe.....

It is what it is, a playground for tourists who feel the attraction of the tropical nightlife, but to anyone who lives there (or has spent a fair amount of time) it's no different than anywhere else (just warmer).

The hot clubs at the moment are The Delano (in the Ritz), Mynt, The Rok Bar,...these are touristy, the locals hang at Nikki's, Automatic Slims, etc.

The restaraunts change all the time.

pitbullstl said:
It's my second home, actually we have a second home about an hour north, but I spent many of my formative years coming and going in SoBe.....

It is what it is, a playground for tourists who feel the attraction of the tropical nightlife, but to anyone who lives there (or has spent a fair amount of time) it's no different than anywhere else (just warmer).

The hot clubs at the moment are The Delano (in the Ritz), Mynt, The Rok Bar,...these are touristy, the locals hang at Nikki's, Automatic Slims, etc.

The restaraunts change all the time.

The original AutoSlims in NYC was great great chill, I wonder if it's still there...

How you doing, ya gargantuan hebrew?

ChefWide said:
The original AutoSlims in NYC was great great chill, I wonder if it's still there...

How you doing, ya gargantuan hebrew?

Doing super, yourself?? Can't wait to blow this taco stand, and get down to Florida for the holidays. :)

holo said:
Anyone been there?

Oh, South Beach... The glitz, the glamour, the nudity, the heat... I am getting a little too old for the scene, but it is nevertheless entertaining.

I love my South Beach retreat, Darling. Specially when NY is all covered in snow. I have no second thoughts: throw a few of the pills in the birkin and take off to South Beach (which is a part of Miami Beach, by the way, Darling).

It is worth the trip. I will not offer you a stay at my pad because I am very conservative and never take someone home on the first 503 dates. But I can give you a few hints on where to stay and maybe we can rendevouz there.

Be certain to visit Rumi, a stylish restaurant/nightclub, Barton G, an excellent place for meat, Azul, at the Mandarin Hotel (downtown Miami) for seafood, Joe Allen for american food; L'Osteria del Teatro for the tastiest oysters. For upscale dining, head to Casa Tua, a dreamy italian place. Or choose one of the restaurants on Lincoln Road - they are all special. My favorites are Da Leo and Yuca.

Brush up on the Spanish, don't forget to smeer the suntan lotion, and bon voyage!

Lived in south FL for about 7 years, GOD I miss it! not just MIAMI but everywhere from Key West to Palm Beach. In my humble (foreigner) opinion, the best place to live in the entire USA. ;)

I lived N of Miami and got down occassionally in the late 90s. Its changed even since then. The clubs rotate, but the Delano is awe-inspiring! If you schedule yourself correctly you can always be in a bar that is open, ALWAYS. I have to agree w/ majnoon -- hard to beat s. FL. Except in my job market... At least its a cheap flight & have friends who keep my dive gear ready to go!

I used to live on South beach from 1994 to 1996. I lived on collins ave. Gosh, everything has changed since then. The Delano was really popular, and I guess it always will be. Brunch at the News Cafe was really popular with tourists and locals alike. When I lived there, I went dancing lots at the Spot and the Cameo, but I'm not even sure they are still there. There was also a really cool club called Van Dome.

dullboy says sobe hasn't been cool since 1992. it went from being fag trendy to hip hop. south beach is now populated with sexually aggresive black guys who cruise the beach with video cameras who think they're snoop dog.

still have a condo on 11th and collins.

Top Bottom