Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

So I am at a high school football game last nite...

mekannik

Went with my buddy from the gym and some of his family. Their son is a freshman starting place kicker/kick offs.

Just to note - we were at an away game. Right as we are walking in I am with the oldest daughter (25), when the national anthem is playing. She starts to say something and I quietly say "hold that thought, the anthem is playing". So I stand there silenlty and face the flag on the south score board (in plain view).

About 4 feet away are two Ohio State fans (god I want to move out of this state) who are carrying on a loud, boorish conversation about the Buckeyes. So I take a step toward them and say in calm, level voice "excuse gentlemen - could you please be quiet the national anthem is playing. And take your hat off."

Suffice to say they complied - albeit with a bit of disgust on their face for my interruption. So during the car ride back it came up as a topic of conversationi - was I being rude and asshole-ish for telling those two gentlemen to quiet down or was I correct in what I had done? Or should I simply have kept my mouth shut and waited for the anthem to finish?

Courtesy dictates that all men should remove their hats when the anthem is played. Veterans may salute and anyone may place their hand over their heart. (my understanding) EVERYONE should be quiet during the anthem, so I think you were correct....they are the asses...

good work

ive seen a jacked up marine almost beat the living shit out of like 3 guys for carrying on during the anthem once. it was awesome they were scared out of their mind

hs football game huh? massillion? tryin to catch a look at boys with tight pants?

mdd said:
good work

ive seen a jacked up marine almost beat the living shit out of like 3 guys for carrying on during the anthem once. it was awesome they were scared out of their mind

hs football game huh? massillion? tryin to catch a look at boys with tight pants?

Jackson at Austintown-Fitch. Austintown won.

And I will leave the tight pants boy chasing to you and your raincoat with a hole in the pocket sitting in the back of the spinning room at Bally's.

Helloween plans? The Flats? pm me.

I think you did the right thing. K to you!

if another man tells me to be quiet or remove anything and he is not security or something of that nature, he;s gonna get a big "fuck you , mind your business" from me.

NJjuice22 said:
if another man tells me to be quiet or remove anything and he is not security or something of that nature, he;s gonna get a big "fuck you , mind your business" from me.
werd!!

the way people are to behave during the singing of the anthem, what has been called courtesy by some, is a matter of custom and convention. of tradition. i would love to say that this is crap, as it often is. but then again, sometimes it's not. and more importantly, that custom is what people have grown up with and usually respect. so if they respect it, then i usually respect it as well, out of respect for them.

but there is some flexibility, or different ways/levels of being "respectful" (or obedient if you like ;) ). for example, i don't think it's absolutely necessary to get up, or take off your hat, or put your hand on your heart, etc...i don't agree with you if you told them any of that. however, i do think they should be quiet. those other things can be ignored relatively easily by others, it doesn't interfere with their experience of the moment. but making noise is very hard to ignore, and so i would support your asking them to be quiet, but only if they were talking loudly enough to be overheard by others.

i myself would not only be silent, but stand up and pay attention, because i somewhat care for the anthem and perhaps even love my country. as for everyone else, they can hate the anthem and this country, and disrespect it on the inside, and sit there with looks of disgust on their faces. that's their business. as long as they don't interfere with other people's business, so be it.

Top Bottom