Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Semi newbie / ex fattie needs some advice

InMontreal

New member
Hello Everyone,
I'm asking for some advice in my workout, my stats are age 30, ht 6'2, wt 204lbs, BF 15%... this is down from at 25 310lbs BF 40%. So right now I have a little bit of a loose skin problem and would like to start filling out with more muscle. My current workout routine is:

Mon - Chest 5 exercises 3setsx8-10reps
Tue - Back 5 exercises 3setsx8-10reps
Wed - Legs 4leg/2calves exercises 3setsx8-10reps
Thu - Arms 3bi/3tri exercises 3setsx8-10reps
Fri - Shoulders 6 (2 for each delt) exercises 3setsx8-10reps
Sat - Rest
Sun - Rest

I usually workout in the PM and do Abs in the AM I also do a 10 minute run before working out. I'm currently taking whey protien, glutamine, and creatine. I eat plenty (maybe too much, I would still want to be more lean).

I was thinking of switching to a 5x5 routine and maybe placing the off day I have saturday somewhere else. I am also thinking of swiming in the morning(m-f). I would really love your feed back.
 
for adding mass, thats too much in a row, you need more breaks in between, try a 3 days split, somethin like this


Sunday - off
Monday - chest/back
Tuesay - off
Wednesday - legs/shoulders
Thursday - off
Friday - tris/bis
Saturday - off

or like this

Sunday - off
Monday - Chest/tris
Tuesday - off
Wednesday - Bis/back
Thursday - off
Friday - Legs/shoulders
Saturday - off
 
no matter what, i would cut down volume first and give that a go. I am making really good gains right now at training only 3 times a week; i used to do 4.

Also, go ahead and try the DC routine, pretty sound overall i think. I am currently following his diet advice, but doing my own training. Most people seem to be making real good gains off of it.
 
bigstve12 said:
congrats on your progress...Im confused though, do you want size or are you still trying to lean out??

I'm really trying to gain size but I want leanness as well... yes I know the two goals can be self defeating, but it is incredibly hard for me to come off the idea that I need to lose fat. I've been battling a weight problem for so long it's hard to stop fighting. But are the two really self defeating? Should I stop doing all cardio or some? This has always been a little confusing for me. I'm really serious about gaining muscle now though...

BTW guys thanks for all the feed back I do appreciate it.
 
Top Bottom