Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sad day in Pintoca's life: Wal-Mart Closes Up Shop in Germany

its mainly due to the unions in Germany. Walmart was treating employees unfair and paying less than union wages. Also were making employees work overtime with no overtime pay or compensation.

thank the Germany Jimmy Hoffa

I hope Wal Mart eats shit and dies. id love to see every one of their employees sue them into bankruptcy for some made up bullshit.

Scummy fucking company. You guys have no idea just how fucked up they are.. My wifes company tried doing business with them.. baaaaad move. They are like the corporate mafia.

milo hobgoblin said:
They are like the corporate mafia.

they're in arkansas, far from the corporate dynasties of the world. their culture is predictable. pretty trashy. And guess who Walmart pretty much hires in the US?

They routinely are chastised by the govt for the way they work with vendors. 'if u sell to us, u can't sell to those guys'.

they're run like ibm used to run. And we saw what happened to them. Plus they are so scared of a union, they do everything possible to fire anyone who even thinks of it. And since walmart jobs are monkey work - most of their ghetto employees don't even try to unionize.

Unfortunately for them - german workers are nto monkeys, and didn't put up with that shit.

'Rat on your employee hotline' <- u got to be kidding. I'd never work in a company that treated their employees as delinquents.

i shop at targe'.

milo hobgoblin said:
I hope Wal Mart eats shit and dies. id love to see every one of their employees sue them into bankruptcy for some made up bullshit.

Scummy fucking company. You guys have no idea just how fucked up they are.. My wifes company tried doing business with them.. baaaaad move. They are like the corporate mafia.

Doing business with them is dangerous for any business. They have closed down a lot of companies with their bullshit. First they offer you the world and make you commit to huge production runs, then they move your product from eye level up higher... The you go out of business...

-BRR

Big Rick Rock said:
Doing business with them is dangerous for any business. They have closed down a lot of companies with their bullshit. First they offer you the world and make you commit to huge production runs, then they move your product from eye level up higher... The you go out of business...

-BRR

most of walmart's shit comes from china. almost 90% i bet 10% of china's exports to the us, goes right to walmart.

if you're the 10% who produce in the us - walmart will treat u like crap. for an 'american patriot' firm, they sure treat americans like crap. walmart has leverage and they make sure they exploit it to the fullest.

american manuf's would love to see walmart destroyed.

the made one big mistake, besides not understanding the cultural differences, they fucked up with ver.di, which is a HUGE union.... actually it's a type of umbrella union that encompasses all the different sectors that have no own union:

- Government Emplooyees
- Health Sector
- Retail employees

to name a few... now, imagine the size and power of this union, they simply go to a new sector, say, IT employees and say "You want a union?, you can start your own ,with no size, or join us".

There was a strike, from the public sector workers, no so long ago, they were asking for more money, the Govt, say "no you can't have that"... the workers threatened to go into strike (we are talking public sector: Garbage, water, infrastructure), Govt said, no you can't... workers said hell yeah we can... and went on strike... garbage everywhere, concerns about potability of water... etc. Govt said, you get no money while you are on strike.

ver.di said: Nevermind, I will pay all the salaries of the people on strike... 4 million € /day. They kept paying that until we were all drowning in garbage (longer than a month) and the govt agreed to some compromise.

How can walmart fuck with such a power`?

Unions are only needed where there is enough unemployment that people are hungry for crap jobs. If there is no-one qualified on the market to replace your employees, you have to treat them better. If unemployment is low, people won't stand for crappy treatment. The unions made sense in the 50's through 80's, but have been more or less a dues collecting worthless entity in the US for the last 15+ years. In about '96 UPS Pilots went on strike for an increase in pay. They were already paid higher than regular airline pilots. The drivers had to go on strike because they were in the same union. Lost pay for 2 weeks to get a second group industry leading wages in an industry that is already highly paid. Only job I ever had that paid LESS than minimum wage was a union job, and it was legal to pay that because it was the contractual wage agreed upon by the union and was greater than the federal minimum. It was still lower than California's minimum that was at the time $.60 higher than fed minimum.

And for the privelidge of making less than minimum, I had to pay dues. Fuck that.

i don't care about unions. i care about homeowner's association fees. that's fucking rape - and people should protest to make that illegal.

Big Rick Rock said:

-BRR

Agree

GNC has the same approach with Supps

So many other Companies I personally know wont touch them with a 10 foot pole. And good companies like Vitamin Shoppe are more then filling the void.

Top Bottom