Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher

Who is the Better Middle LineBacker

• Brian Urlacher

Votes: 31 63.3%
  • Ray Lewis

Votes: 18 36.7%

• Total voters
As of right now I would go with Urlacher Lewis is slowing down in my opinion. Overall Ray Lewis is the second best linebacker I have ever watched Mike Singletary being # 1.

gjohnson5 said:
Who is the better middle Linebacker?

Urlacher is THE most overrated player in the league.. The only time I get him is on Madden b/c he's 88 speed.. lol.. He will get his ass handed to him against a power running team like San Diego, Kansas City, Baltimore..

Urlacher is a GREAT blitzer, he is an average coverage LB, good tackler, but he doesn't have the brain capacity to run a defense.. Notice when the Bucs came back on them, 80% of the plays were over the middle.. The Bears run the Tampa 2 defense and in that defense, the MLB covers the middle half of the field taking away skinny posts and tight ends.. Rattay glanced at his 4th string receiver Stovall, urlacher overcommitted to him and Rattay fired back side to SORRY ass Ike Hilliard and hilliard took it to the house. Granted, Chicago was already banged up in the secondary at safety, it is the MLB responsibility in that situation.

The Bucs defense was most successful with a very smart, agile athletic Hardy Nickerson and before Shelton Quarles lost his athletic ability..

I am a huge Bucs fan and while I think that Barrett Ruud is a solid tackler and a bright kid, he doesn't have the athleticism necessary to play MLB for the Bucs.. We're in serious trouble with Brooks aging and Ryan Nece being average at best and Ruud in the middle.. The Bucs really screwed up when they let Ian Gold go back to Denver, he's a perfect LB for our system..

Hell, Urlacher might not even be the best LB on his team, Lance Briggs is better, he plays Will (weakside) and is an awesome cover corner.. Briggs and Crowell for the Bills are the most underrated LBs in the league..

Urlacher is athletic, has great acceleration, agility, and top end speed, but he just doesn't have the tenacity or instincts of a Ray Lewis.. Then again people who aren't former murder suspects usually don't have as much tenacity..

If Zack Thomas had Urlacher's athletic ability the Dolphins wouldn't give up more than 150 yards/game, guaranteed.. He may arguably be the best MLB pound for pound and inch for inch that this game will EVER see..

The best overall MLB in the game is Johnathan Vilma for the Jets.. Watch him play, he is around the ball every single play and he's one helluva guy..

The Best overall defensive player in the NFL is Jason Taylor, that guy is amazing, he just gets better every year.. How did he go to Akron?!?!?!?

T-Matt

mookie said:
As of right now I would go with Urlacher Lewis is slowing down in my opinion. Overall Ray Lewis is the second best linebacker I have ever watched Mike Singletary being # 1.
best linebacker to ever play the game is LT hands down....the man changed how the game is played

T-Matt said:
Urlacher is THE most overrated player in the league.. The only time I get him is on Madden b/c he's 88 speed.. lol.. He will get his ass handed to him against a power running team like San Diego, Kansas City, Baltimore..

Urlacher is a GREAT blitzer, he is an average coverage LB, good tackler, but he doesn't have the brain capacity to run a defense.. Notice when the Bucs came back on them, 80% of the plays were over the middle.. The Bears run the Tampa 2 defense and in that defense, the MLB covers the middle half of the field taking away skinny posts and tight ends.. Rattay glanced at his 4th string receiver Stovall, urlacher overcommitted to him and Rattay fired back side to SORRY ass Ike Hilliard and hilliard took it to the house. Granted, Chicago was already banged up in the secondary at safety, it is the MLB responsibility in that situation.

The Bucs defense was most successful with a very smart, agile athletic Hardy Nickerson and before Shelton Quarles lost his athletic ability..

I am a huge Bucs fan and while I think that Barrett Ruud is a solid tackler and a bright kid, he doesn't have the athleticism necessary to play MLB for the Bucs.. We're in serious trouble with Brooks aging and Ryan Nece being average at best and Ruud in the middle.. The Bucs really screwed up when they let Ian Gold go back to Denver, he's a perfect LB for our system..

Hell, Urlacher might not even be the best LB on his team, Lance Briggs is better, he plays Will (weakside) and is an awesome cover corner.. Briggs and Crowell for the Bills are the most underrated LBs in the league..

Urlacher is athletic, has great acceleration, agility, and top end speed, but he just doesn't have the tenacity or instincts of a Ray Lewis.. Then again people who aren't former murder suspects usually don't have as much tenacity..

If Zack Thomas had Urlacher's athletic ability the Dolphins wouldn't give up more than 150 yards/game, guaranteed.. He may arguably be the best MLB pound for pound and inch for inch that this game will EVER see..

The best overall MLB in the game is Johnathan Vilma for the Jets.. Watch him play, he is around the ball every single play and he's one helluva guy..

The Best overall defensive player in the NFL is Jason Taylor, that guy is amazing, he just gets better every year.. How did he go to Akron?!?!?!?

T-Matt

Wow, good insight. I agree with most of it except that Urlacher is the most overrated. Urlacher is good because of his athletic ability. He is very fast, very quick, very strong, very big and makes big plays constantly. That more then makes up for his lack of intelligence.

Ray Lewis is the best linebacker I have ever seen when he was in his prime. Absolutely dominating athleticism and incredible intelligence.

Briggs isn't realy underrated anymore. People who understand football know how good Briggs is, he will get a huge contract next year. Crowell I'm not too high on.

Zach Thomas is amazing. If this man was 6'3 250 and ran a 4.4 he would revolutionize the concept of defense. I have never seen a more intelligent football player. Him and Peyton Manning are in a league of their own out there.

Again I agree about Vilma. I just feel bad for him that he got Mangini. Vilma is going to be the NFL's next dominating LB. He is a smarter person then Lewis and he is more athletic. Only short coming is he is a smaller guy. He could blossom into one of the best linebackers in history. As soon as his contract is up he needs to get away from the 3-4. Vilma is not a 3-4 backer and Mangini is an idiot for putting his best player in a position where he can't succede.

jpt said:
best linebacker to ever play the game is LT hands down....the man changed how the game is played
I agree but were talking about middle linebackers if were talking about the best linebacker overall ever LT is a easy choice he did change the game.

NJL52 said:
Wow, good insight. I agree with most of it except that Urlacher is the most overrated. Urlacher is good because of his athletic ability. He is very fast, very quick, very strong, very big and makes big plays constantly. That more then makes up for his lack of intelligence.

Ray Lewis is the best linebacker I have ever seen when he was in his prime. Absolutely dominating athleticism and incredible intelligence.

Briggs isn't realy underrated anymore. People who understand football know how good Briggs is, he will get a huge contract next year. Crowell I'm not too high on.

Zach Thomas is amazing. If this man was 6'3 250 and ran a 4.4 he would revolutionize the concept of defense. I have never seen a more intelligent football player. Him and Peyton Manning are in a league of their own out there.

Again I agree about Vilma. I just feel bad for him that he got Mangini. Vilma is going to be the NFL's next dominating LB. He is a smarter person then Lewis and he is more athletic. Only short coming is he is a smaller guy. He could blossom into one of the best linebackers in history. As soon as his contract is up he needs to get away from the 3-4. Vilma is not a 3-4 backer and Mangini is an idiot for putting his best player in a position where he can't succede.

Wow, exactly!! lol.. I couldn't have said it any better with Vilma.. Man can you imagine Vilma with the Jags? :) I hope he leaves the Jets and goes to the Jags.. Playing behind Stroud and Henderson he would be insane, he would lead the league in tackles EVERY year (hell he already did last year, I think).. Vilma would be better off at will LB in his current defense with Mangini.. Of course, I'd also love to see Vilma go to Tampa and play MLB in the Tampa 2 :biggrin:

Brian Urlacher is the reason the Bears will NOT win the Super Bowl.. Watch him against any good QB, he overcommits in pass coverage instead of staying in his ZONE.. If Urlacher didn't play behind Tommie Harris and company we would barely here from him.. Remember a few years back when he played behind Ted Washington? He was the talk of the league, as soon as Washington left people stopped talking about Urlacher.. Now that Harris is out for the season, watch for URlacher's name to be called less.. There are some young athletic centers in the league who are capable of getting after Urlacher.. The Eagles would give The Bears a fit because Shawn Andrews would chip off the DT and flatten Urlacher.. :) (I'm still a bit sour over the tampa game, lol)

Very good insight from you as well!

I'd like to hear your views on..
-Deangelo Hall? He has Champ Bailey like athleticism but I think he is overrated as hell!!

-Vince Young? Man, he is just continuing to be a playmaker!! He could surpass Vick's field managment by the end of this year. If they get into the playoffs watch out!! They have a solid offense and defensive line and Travis Henry has been running the rock lately!

-Troy Polumalu? he is very athletic but I think he's overrated he got scorched this past weekend TWICE.. He seems to get beat a lot deep b/c he's so commited to the run..

The next breakout player offensively and defensively?
Personally...

Offensively-Roy Williams-Detroit Lions.. Man, I thought for sure with Mike Martz he was going to turn out a Tory Holt like season.. (Mike Furrey has a solid season and cost me a Fantasy Football champsion!) If Roy Williams played for the old Rams he'd have 90 catches and 1400 seasons..

Defensively-(Before this season I told all my friends to watch out for Aaron Kampman and he has had a helluva year) Next year, I'd watch out for Mathias Kiwanuka (if Strahan starts to have his PT limited)..

Best Offensive and Defensive Lineman in the game?

Offensively- Walter Jones.. See 66% of Alexander's running plays are on his side of the line.. Need I say more?

Defensively- Aside from Jason Taylor who is just ridiculous, just watch Casey Hampton from the Steelers, he gets double teamed EVERY play but still gets penetration like 75% of the time, it's truly amazing, he's a strong technically sound player.

Most disappointing player as of late? I'd have to go with OT Mike Williams.. MAN, he is a fucking freak of nature but he is as soft as Cottonelle Toilet Paper, it's a fucking shame!!!!! Athleticism wise.. Man, Chris Chambers needs a new fucking team, I swear, everytime I see him he is wide open and he makes some of the most insane catches ever.. Some one please get him a QB!!!!! Bring Dan Marino back!!!!

T-Matt

gjohnson5 said:
In terms of general Linebacker, I liked Derrick Thomas alot too. Too bad the way his life ended.
Yeah he was great still have a poster of him called sacred ground on my game room wall.

gjohnson5 said:
In terms of general Linebacker, I liked Derrick Thomas alot too. Too bad the way his life ended.

Yeah it was.. It's really too bad.. He had great athleticism, great tenacity, a knack for the ball, and on top of that he was a very humble guy.. I remember his interview with ESPN after the game he broke the NFL record for sacks in a game with 7.. He was almost shy.. lol.. Now if that was Randy Moss or TO shit.. I"M THE MAN BABY, DUH, LOOK AT ME!!

DT is a lot like Marvin Harrison and Tomlinson in that he never celebrated he just made big plays and went back to the huddle or sprinted to the sideline..

Really is too bad...

T-Matt

Top Bottom