Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Racked incline leg-press machine: 28 plates!!

SAF

New member
HOLY SHIT! Yeah, I'm a freek! :cyclops: This was a very impressive achievement for me. Now remember, I'm only 170lbs, 5'5", so people in my gym were looking at me like I was nuts. I never power lift, I always try to do 12-10-8 sets regardless of exersize, so I'll modify the weight accordingly in order to perform these 3 sets with good form.

I trained legs on Friday and the first exercise I did was incline leg press. This particular machine has 2 weight bars on each side, each with a capacity of 7 45lb plates. I started with a warm up of 10 plates (450lbs). Then I went to 16 plates (720lbs). It felt like I was doing nothing! So I decided to go with 22 plates (990). Again, I'm banging out sets and coming all the way down! I was like "what the fuck?" I wasn't even pushing that hard, and my breathing was completely controlled. Usually when I feel this good on any exercise, I'll do an extra set, so I threw on another 6 plates, that's 28 total (1260lbs). Ok, now this set was freekin tough, but I managed to bang out 7 or 8 reps. I was impressed. I've never racked the incline leg press before. After 6 years of busting my ass, it payed off.

I'm thinking that from now on, I'll do incline leg press as my last leg exercise since by the end of my workout, my legs wont be able to lift as much and I wont even come close to racking the machine.

Have you guys noticed that most machines in your gym simply dont have enough weight? Do you find yourself racking machines? I can rack leg extensions with ease, and I actually have to add 1 45lb plate and 1 25 lb plate to the rack with another pin to make it a challenge. Lat pull downs are the same, I have to add a 25lb plate to the rack. I'm not trying to show-off, I mean, it's actually very inconvienient to rack machines because you have to add additional plates to the machine in which it wasn't meant for. It's unsafe, and I've seen cables snap in my gym every so often and I certainly dont want any part of that! :freak:

And no!, my gym is not some half-ass fitness center with Nautilus machines where senior citizens go to sit in the steam room all day or do curls with 5lb dumbbells and actually think they're exercising! HAHA; it is a hard-core gym. :D

SAF
 
Good job bro. Hey have you ever posted pics of your lower body. You're definitely thick upstairs but what about dem' legs.
 
You know, it's weird. I dont have very big legs, which makes me wonder how in the hell I lifted all that weight!

SAF
 
I tell ya... take a pic of you doing that with some sort of drink or supplement in your hand, the companies would pay through the nose for that pic!

Or free sups. for life?

Bass
 
basskiller said:
I tell ya... take a pic of you doing that with some sort of drink or supplement in your hand, the companies would pay through the nose for that pic!

Or free sups. for life?

Bass

Is this a joke? Are you serious? Hell man, I'll have my friend take a pic of me racking the incline leg press while holding a box of Serono GH. Then maybe I'll get free GH for life! HAHA

SAF
 
LOL, SAF!
Good job on lifting that much. I'm 30lbs heavier than you and I don't even come close to that many plates, probably won't for awhile either.
 
No better yet.. have another friend shooting you with a fina inplant gun..... 1 free cow!

All kidding aside... Maybe holding your favorite protien drink..... You know how expensive this shit can be!


I can see the cover of a mag. now......you pushing the rack with a drink in your hand, a long leggy big busted blonde standing over you wiping your "milk mustashe"!


Sound cool...
 
rgosit said:
how much do u squat???

Yes I would like to know the answer to this. How much do you squat?

I have used various leg press machines, some of them you can pile on tons of weight and others are more difficult. So its not an accurate measurement of strength. If you tell us how much you squat free weights then that would say something.
 
rgosit said:
how much do u squat???

Well, we all know squatting is much more difficult than incline leg press. The last time I squatted, which was about 3 weeks ago and exactly the same time I startes the Fina, I was squatting very close to 4 plates on each side (360lbs).

SAF
 
good job bro,
i have stacked the leg press machine with a olympic bar on top with 5 45's on each side, now that is impressive
but i quess we are in an elite class
 
just remember one thing guys, its not how much weight you push but its what you look like!!!!!!!!!! and a good bb will tell you that a combination of both is the way to your goals, weighing 240 to 260 with strong lifts on your side is very good, you all can flame but I know what Im saying, Id rather weigh 250 with a symmetrical body and only be able to squat 400, than weigh 185 with a 600lb squat.......................ohh yeah the other day in the gym Im working out and joe deangelis comes up to me and is like, hey man you give me a spot........it felt good out of all the people in the gym a pro bb comes up to me and asks me for a spot!!!!!!!
 
First off bro (not bashing) but 4 -45lbs weights on a 45lb
bar is 405lbs , and you did this as a max or with reps ?

I'm 6'2" 280lbs and powerlifted all through highschool , my max squat is 630lbs for 2 honest reps and the legpress in the gym here is tough , can only get like 22plates for last set of 6.

Like I said before I'm not bashing you bro , those are very impressive lifts , so keep up the good work , but use a good squat as a standard for measuring your power
 
carrera said:
First off bro (not bashing) but 4 -45lbs weights on a 45lb
bar is 405lbs , and you did this as a max or with reps ?

I'm 6'2" 280lbs and powerlifted all through highschool , my max squat is 630lbs for 2 honest reps and the legpress in the gym here is tough , can only get like 22plates for last set of 6.

Like I said before I'm not bashing you bro , those are very impressive lifts , so keep up the good work , but use a good squat as a standard for measuring your power

Yeah, like I said before, I pushed out 6 or 7 reps while the machine was fully loaded. I usually dont max, I always maintain good form with my reps. I'm sure if I wanted to max on incline leg press, I would have to add more weight to it :D

SAF
 
You have discovered the one advantage of being short (I'm 5'5" too)...leverage! Short dudes can look like hercules on just about any machine, espec the leg press and hammer strength back stuff.

You gotta put it all in perspective though. I can't rep full squats with anything over 405 and only have a 30" vertical:( But have leg pressed 8 rep sets knee to chest with 1400+ on the 45 leg press. I'm beggining to suspect that there is not much of a correlation between leg press poundage and actual leg strength.

Whatever, it is still fun to do. Here's one you gotta try: next time you are leg pressing with the full machine and there is a hot chick around, complain about needing a little extra weight and ask her to sit on top of the machine. That is what helmsman does, I think he posted some pics of that a while ago.
 
Yeah bro in my gym you can get 26 plates on then I have to have someone sit on top of the rack!!! That shit sux. even with cybex or hammer strength you cant rack enough weight on.
 
Top Bottom