Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pulled groin!! Need advice

I'm interested in hearing this too. I've been nursing a bad groin pull for years.... never seems to heal completely.

I find that if I warm it up very slowly... jogging at first and speed it up...S L O W L Y..... that I can funtion while playing ball pretty well. Strange thing that I've noticed is that if I try and streach it out first (before warmup), then it always bothers me more:confused:

guys, i have a somewhat chronic right groin problem for about 4 years now -- from playing hockey, but it is very much under control now with my routine. like Gin said, warmup is key, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT STRETCHING until at least 10- 20 minutes of warmup (for me it is light skating). then a light stretch, not too hard -- it's already pulled so don't stretch it hard and pull it more, and if necessary give light stretches to it when you feel it tightening during whatever is your workout. The main key for myself is to ice it immediately after exercise for 20 minutes (no longer). then do so again an hour later, then 1.5 hours later and so on. ice it 6 to 8 times a day if you have too. i'm not a big fan of anti- inflammatories, but for the first day it probably won't hurt to take a couple. the ice is really what helps. i know it sounds old school, but i've really had success with it.
i really feel for ya, it can certainly mess everything up, so good luck to you.

Top Bottom