Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pic of the day - 13 Nov - Hockey

jnuts

Posting early.. have a long day at work today.

A break from aviation...

What kind of sports did you play in school?

I know some of you young ones are STILL in school. That has long passed for me. The picture is from 81-82 when I was a freshman in high school. I was a goalie on the hockey team. Lettered 4 years in hockey, 3 in football. I played a few years in college but eventually got cut from the team. After that I played pickup for quite a few years. I've been living in the South for the last 8 years, so that really puts a crimp into playing hockey. Hopefully our next move will take us further north. That would allow not only me to play hockey again, but allow us to teach the kids how to skate.

Note - the puck is near my glove. It was a save.

The photograph was taken by the local news reporter, hence the black and white.

I still remember those brand of Sherwood sticks - the PMPG. Just the right mix of soft wood on the outer edges and hardwood in the middle. You could really bend the hell out of that thing. The stopped producing that model quite awhile ago.

The ice at this particular rink was the best, not too hard and not too soft. Some of the rinks in the area were too cold and the ice would be too brittle. Not this rink.

Figure skaters are evil to ice rinks. They go out there a beat the hell out of the ice with those fricken toe pick things on their skates. Makes a man cringe when you see a tutu clad nympth land from a spin and stick their fricken toe into the ice. They leave big 'ole nasty gouges in the ice. The ice needs to be smoooooooth. Those figure skating ladies sure do have nice legs though :) My wife did a lot of figure skating before I met her.

Hockey is the best damn sport in the world.

001_2.sized.jpg

pic looks great. good times huh? Gotta love em.

I spent my high school years on the river. I couldn't imagine being involved in a sport in college though. I have too much pressure on me as it is.

I hear ya about the toe pickings on the ice, from a former goalie it really can hurt you bad if you catch a gouge in the ice while sliding across the crease. pulled a hammie once from that

Hockey was by far my favorite sport, even though I was better at Football, hockey was still my favorite!!!

Just the smell of the rubber mats got me pumped to go out and skate my ass off!!!

Top Bottom