Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

olympia update

Gullie said:
I disagree, I have been at the Olympia every year since 98 when it was here in NY. You have 22 competitors and all will be in top shape. You have the little battles like Titus and Kamali, Titus and Anthony. You have DJ who has made tremendous gains, Cormier who is looking to dethrone Ronnie. The biggest Expo yet. Alot of new blood up on stage. You have 17 women competing in the Ms.O. Juliet Bergman is coming back from a 12 year layoff and hitting the stage in her 50s! How can this suck? For each is own but I I'll have my fun there, that you can count on.

Lets not get off topic here as the subject is about the MR. O contest itself. What is so exciting about virtually the same top 6 guys for the last 3 years? With the excpetion of DJ possibly cracking the top 6.
Chris isn't going to do shit to Ronnie. Ronnie has a secure lock on the Mr.O unless he severely fucks up his conditioning. Chris will most likely get the nod for second seeing as EVERY OTHER GUY THERE IN THE POSSIBLE TOP SIX, NASSER, SHAWN, KEVIN, and now Chris will have placed second in the past 5 years. This is so, so boring. I've seen every show from '89 so don't give me that 22 competitor in top shape shit..who says they'll all be in top shape? They won't all be, that is guarenteed. And this IMMATURE show down with Kamali and Titus is so irrelevant seeing as both these guys will be lucky to crack the top 10. Wow that's pretty exciting seeing the 10 and 11th place guys battling it out...not.
Want to talk about best MR.Oympia ever, then we'll talk about '98 when a new Mr.Olympia was to be crowned and the excitment as to who it was going to be was great. Or how about in '91 when Haney barely edged out Dorian for the record breaking 8 Olympia titles surpassing the legend Arnold. That is excitement and the type of events that make a Mr.O the best and most memorable.

I wont sit here all day and argue over whats excites you as to the Mr. Olympia. I just feel this will be a great show. You wanna rain on my parade, go right ahead. I feel there is alot of new blood coming in and in that case alot of guys are coming in top shape. I also feel the battles between Titus and Kamali are something this sport needed. It builds up the scenario of who is bringing their top game and backing up all their shit talking. If you feel it sucks then dont attend, thats all.

I agree 98 was one to remember, for me on two levels since it was my first Olympia and also a new Mr. O and one coming form 9th place the year before.

But I also feel that this year will be different also in its own aspect. You dont see this many guys up there at the Olypmia too often and also so many new guys at that.

Plus I take the whole weekend as the Mr. Olympia. Yeah I know you were talking about the show and yes I understand that seeing the same top 6 is boring but hey what if shit changes this year and Ronnie is beat and Prince breaks into the top 5 and Ray doesnt make the top 6 for once. Then it will be remembered like all others.

If you are going to be in Vegas I'll buy you a drink to cool you down a bit.
Nick

Hey Flex why are you always so bitter? It seems you always have to be a dick!! Anyways I believe this year will be exciting for the simple fact that I love bodybuilding, period. As for who will win, Ronnie will unless he does something wrong with his condioning. It will be a battle for second and that alone will bring some excitement. I wish I could be there but that's another story. Peace!!!

John Woe said:
Hey Flex why are you always so bitter? It seems you always have to be a dick!! Anyways I believe this year will be exciting for the simple fact that I love bodybuilding, period. As for who will win, Ronnie will unless he does something wrong with his condioning. It will be a battle for second and that alone will bring some excitement. I wish I could be there but that's another story. Peace!!!

I maybe slightly bitter that Flex is out of the Olympia and I was really looking forward to seeing him do it again but it has no impact on how I write or display myself in my messages. It's just the way I write. I'm very serious most of the time. Nothing personal to anyone as I would never directly try to offend someone in a message but at the same time I'm not going to hide my opinions ony any particular topic that I feel like debating about.

And thanks for the drink Nick but I won't be there live in Vegas. I'll probably have to settle for watching it at Flexonline.com unfortunately.

Well this all depends on how you percieve the Mr.O to be considered the "best" .... If you base it on excitement , milestone achievements , or turning points in the sport then yes I agree it probably won't be one of the best Mr.O's.

I was considering it to be the best Mr.O based on the quality of the competitors and overall number of top ranked athletes in the competition this year. There are a number of new faces that have just turned pro in the last fre years and these guys are winning pro events. This hasn't happened in a while with all of these new pros failing to place and disappearing off the face of the earth. Not only that but we have these new guys who look just as good as some of the veterens in the sport and I think we will finally see some of these new faces give the old guard a run for there money...

RoNiN said:
Well this all depends on how you percieve the Mr.O to be considered the "best" .... If you base it on excitement , milestone achievements , or turning points in the sport then yes I agree it probably won't be one of the best Mr.O's.

I was considering it to be the best Mr.O based on the quality of the competitors and overall number of top ranked athletes in the competition this year. There are a number of new faces that have just turned pro in the last fre years and these guys are winning pro events. This hasn't happened in a while with all of these new pros failing to place and disappearing off the face of the earth. Not only that but we have these new guys who look just as good as some of the veterens in the sport and I think we will finally see some of these new faces give the old guard a run for there money...

You said it best. Thats how I percieve it. Thanks

None of these guys would be placing well in the pro shows if everyone was competing. Remeber back in the day when Flex, Shawn, Vince, Paul Dillet, Levrone, Cormier, and Nasser were ALL doing the Ironman and Arnold classic and most guys hitting alot of the smaller shows as well? That is why none of the rookies were placing. If Flex, Ronnie, Chris, SHawn, Kevin, Nasser, and Paul Dillet(although I know he's been a flop as of late) were all to have done the Ironman and Arnold's none of these guys like Titus or Kamali would've been looked at serious.
It's just a case of nobodys beating nobodys. The only one that made a commendable try was Dennis James beating Cormier back a couple months ago although i can't off the top of my head remember what show it was. Chris was said to have been under the weather and those of us who have competed know you need to be 100% to look 100%.
I'm sorry I don't share your same enthusiasm towards this Olympia but in all honesty it doesn't do anything for me.
It was the same with the Arnolds, I was in Colombus at the expo and decided not to hit the mens show simply because I knew Ronnie would win it and Chris would be the guy to place next to him. Maybe if the rest of the veterans had of been there I would have definitely gone but I don't really want to pay $75 US to see Kamali place in the top six...cause you know if Kamali places respectable the show has got to suck(quality wise anyway).

Well, we all know it's Ronnie's show to lose. I'd like to see some of the smaller guys(shawn, dexter) to place higher. It's become a monster mash, and if ya don't have a GH gut, then why even show up.

Predictions-----

1. Ronnie-if he is tight(which I'm sure he will be)

2. Chris C.(maybe 3rd if Dennis is really tight)

3. Dennis J---Easily the most progress made in the last 2 years

4. Kevin L---If he is as tight as last year--Hard to deny

5. MarKas R--If he is very tight--The crowd will be behind him

6. Shawn R---Always in shape but very boring and doesnt really improve from year to year but still incredible

7. Orville---If in shape may be 5th if marcas doesnt come in shape

8. Jay Cutler -- only if he is really tight, which Im sure he will be...Could easily change placings with Marcus R.

9. Tom Prince---If he comes in the shape which he did at the Noc----he could easily be in the top 7

10. Nasser Sonbaty---If he doesn't come in very tight, he could easily fall out of the top 10---I thought he got a gift last year with his placing---He was not tight at all and marcus was a lot tighter then him

11. Dexter Jackson---Could easily trade places with anyone from 4th on down.

12. Craig Titus---Will be disappointed with his placing but will be deserved and will be out of the top 10

13. king--Could move one place up but will either be one place ahead of titus or one place back

14.Vince Taylor--Should just stick with the masters---Looks very good but why bother with the likes of the rest of these guys

15. Mike Matarazzo---Can't compete with these guys of today

16. Melvin Anthony--May crack the top ten if really tight but will get lost in the shuffle

Top Bottom