Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

NHL Bookie/ NJ @ TB?

Well all my sports knowledge is hockey.. always has been always will be.

Calgary ***IS*** the stronger squad when they are on home ice, that's what I'm trying to tell you bro. they were the best in the entire NHL on home ice, and had like the 3rd worst road record.. which is just a really bizarre contrast, calgary has the depth and the talent, and they have the right mindset (ON HOME ICE).

tonights game calgary has home ice, making them the stronger squad with a higher chance of a victory, in my opinion.

one other thing you might not remember is that detriot being the higher ranked "stronger" team, was eliminated first round last season by the 8th seed, the edmonton oilers. the year before that.. it was a lockout.. so the 2004 season, the flames elimated them in the second round, so Alberta has sent detriot home twice in a row now, HEAVILY against the odds, just saying. =)

game is starting, I think the sea of red and the fan support is what gets our team amped up, it's pretty impressively red in their, even though they are a bunch of bandwagon hoppers that almost let my team get sold off about 4 years ago.

GO FLAMES GO!

Cal was handed that first game. 2x 5 on 3's? ridiculous. you don't make a call like that on an esteemed goalie.

HumanTarget said:
Cal was handed that first game. 2x 5 on 3's? ridiculous. you don't make a call like that on an esteemed goalie.

true, the calls were pretty rediculous, it's hard to say that det would have won if those calls weren't made, because you play alot differently once you've already aquired the lead.

well, if you look at it already, Hasek has allowed 9 goals in 5 games. less than 2 per. take away those 2 PPG's and it make Cal look sick.

true, but thankfully kipper is our wall, and even though he's let in a fair amount of goals, vs the amount of shots he's faced (which is embarassing in the first place) he has one of the highest save % during the playoff's thus far.

I love how they boo bertuzzi everytime he touches the puck and chant hasek's name, hah.

i can't bash Canadian teams, or won't. i want them to have teams there & when a small market team like Cal does well, the entire NHL looks good. they need to move those awful Southern teams north.

HumanTarget said:
i can't bash Canadian teams, or won't. i want them to have teams there & when a small market team like Cal does well, the entire NHL looks good. they need to move those awful Southern teams north.

Cal still has the highest ticket prices in the league I believe, even after our recent years of sucess, I know Winnipeg would love to have a team again, and I agree some of those horrid southern teams should move north.

I think the best part about canadian teams in the NHL is, they really get to be our champions, you win the Stanley cup in tampa bay.. ok.. big deal.. they won the super bowl too. you win the cup in new york city.. big deal.. they have the yankees and a bunch of other sports teams.

but, you win the cup in calgary.. or edmonton.. or ANYWHERE in canada.. not only are you the fugging champions of your city, but all of canada is usually behind you praising you for bringing the cup back home, where it belongs! =)

sidenote, if we lose I sure as shit hope they fire playfair, I think he's a horrible coach, and the only real problem with our team is coaching imo, alot of talent and depth.

FriendlyCanadian said:
sidenote, if we lose I sure as shit hope they fire playfair, I think he's a horrible coach, and the only real problem with our team is coaching imo, alot of talent and depth.
he's been dogged harder than any coach i can remember. the fact that the media there was calling for him to be fired after game 2 and replaced by Sutter, that was unheard of....

Top Bottom