Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New Olympic Stadium/NY Jets Stadium DENIED!

Good!! How the f*** did they ever justify closing down NYC firehouses and in the same breadth propose spending hundreds of millions of taxpayer money on a football stadium???

Sheldon Silver is a grade A idiot. Bloomberg could write the check himself if he so desired. We'll see where this goes.

Why would authorities spend 300M$ on a stadium used by a private corporation (Jets) ? makes no sense to me.

manny78 said:
Why would authorities spend 300M$ on a stadium used by a private corporation (Jets) ? makes no sense to me.

the team would obviously lease the stadium from the state, as I assume is done with almost all major league teams.

2012 Olympics has the potential to generate millions of dollars in revenue for the city/state as well as for local businesses.

Personally, I think its a good idea.

How about this...Woody Johnson, the owner of the Jets is a BILLIONAIRE! Fund your own fucking stadium and get the fuck out of Giants Stadium. You've over stayed your welcome.

Personally, I'm glad it was voted down. And not because it was the jets, but because this will now keep the Olympics out of NY. It's crowded enough here already. Who needs an aditional 2 million fanatics roaming NYC when we already have enough nutcases here already?

Bloomburg is an even bigger idiot.His endorsement of this stadium and not using the money to give raises to teachers, cops and firemean (just to name a few) is his ticket out of office next election. No matter how much money he spends of his own to finance it.

BileStew said:
How about this...Woody Johnson, the owner of the Jets is a BILLIONAIRE! Fund your own fucking stadium and get the fuck out of Giants Stadium. You've over stayed your welcome.

Personally, I'm glad it was voted down. And not because it was the jets, but because this will now keep the Olympics out of NY. It's crowded enough here already. Who needs an aditional 2 million fanatics roaming NYC when we already have enough nutcases here already?

Bloomburg is an even bigger idiot.His endorsement of this stadium and not using the money to give raises to teachers, cops and firemean (just to name a few) is his ticket out of office next election. No matter how much money he spends of his own to finance it.

I couldn't agree more.

_Yossarian_ said:
the team would obviously lease the stadium from the state, as I assume is done with almost all major league teams.

2012 Olympics has the potential to generate millions of dollars in revenue for the city/state as well as for local businesses.

Personally, I think its a good idea.

Politicians are supposed to represent what's in the best interest of the taxpayers.

$300 million. Own nothing of the stadium. Last in line for profit dividends. No recourse when losses occur. No legal milestones owners have to achieve.

Raw deal all around. I have yet to see a public/private sports deal where taxpayers made mega millions.

_Yossarian_ said:

Offset by the billions they had to spend. Ask Salt Lake City what their final tally was.

Top Bottom