Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need help - college tennis

Bsdr

Hey I am going off to college. I have played tennis for 12 years, and the past 5 years have been playing in the advanced level. I currently weigh 136 and was working on getting to a lean 170-175. I am 6 foot. Is that a good weight for college tennis? I like being 136 since it lets me move very quickly from baseline to net, vice versa and return balls hit on the opposite side. Only problem is I lack power that people outweighing me have. All advice is appreciated.

Hey I am going off to college. I have played tennis for 12 years, and the past 5 years have been playing in the advanced level. I currently weigh 136 and was working on getting to a lean 170-175. I am 6 foot. Is that a good weight for college tennis? I like being 136 since it lets me move very quickly from baseline to net, vice versa and return balls hit on the opposite side. Only problem is I lack power that people outweighing me have. All advice is appreciated.

fuck bro, the weight that your at for your height, you might as well be fucking dead... that's insane... i played tennis many years competitvely and I am 6'1"... 175 was what I played at and I was know for running everything down and moving around the court like noone else could... you must play a serious finesse game because there is no power behind your strokes... there just can't be... slicing and pity pat won't work against the big hitters and as you get more and more competitive, everyone hits hard... you need to put on some weight... do you even eat?

you have to hit the weights!! You dont need to get big. But power should be your goal.
Lots of Back ,chest, legs. Ab exercises, These will concentrate the power to the racquet.,

Also play raquet ball! Use the purple or red balls.
This will increase reaction time endurance, power, and eye hand coordination.

DrOiD BioNiC EF App!

Haha yeah I do have power. I'm a big top spin player and can really put power behind my balls. My first serve is a really good flat but it's only about 60% accurate and most of the time people can only return with a pop shot. My 2nd serve is a heavy spin and i hit it to where they have to run off the court to get to it. I just want more power for my heavy win shots. And also to be able to compete with people that I am just as good as skill wise, but a lot less stronger than. Therefore I lose.

Eat and eat and leg train including deadlifts, if you have perfected your racquet tension and string type racquet head speed is all you need and you hardly need a weight built upper body, just look at the top players today minus nadal and tsonga.

170-175 is just my personal goal for myself. I was just wondering if that is fine for tennis. I've never been above 140.

170-175 is just my personal goal for myself. I was just wondering if that is fine for tennis. I've never been above 140.

theres a trade off. You want to ad 30 more lbs to carry around the court? It will slow you down considerably.

You said you needed more power, but you have power? Not making sense bro.

Heed the advice above!
Just get stronger than the othe guys and dont worry about weight.
Its not like you're wrestling or anything.

DrOiD BioNiC EF App!

Top Bottom