Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

NBA Draft - How did your team do?

pushing_fe

Well I guess there wasn't too many surprises in the first round. I am glad that Washington got rid of Alexander, but for Jaun Dixon? I question his ability at the next level, but Jordan is probably a better judge of talent than myself.

I was surprised by the overall amount of foreigners taken in the early rounds. Gasol, Dirk, Peja, and others have made it impossible for the teams not to look overseas.

Yao Ming was a wasted pick? I think that he will have a dramatic impact. He shoots over 75% from the line and averaged 5 Blocks, 32 PPG, and 19 Rebounds in China. If he does half of that in the NBA he'll be one of the top 5 Centers in the League.

Yao Ming will do well.

He will be playing forward I would imagine

Cornholio said:
Yao Ming will do well.

He will be playing forward I would imagine

:confused:
Forward, that would be interesting. I haven't heard anyone talk about that.

They say that he can knock down the three's and can play well from 15ft in. It will be fun to watch his impact on the league.

Yao Ming = Rik Smits....and that is pretty decent. Not a superstar, but effective, and hard to guard (right, Knicks fans?)

Jay Williams is awesome for Chicago.

Drew Gooden will struggle.

Juan Dixon will succeed in the league. He knows how to play to his strengths, rarely forces.

Some of the foreigners will be interesting. There was one kid - Italian I think....19 years old, 7' 0", shoots jump shots, moves really well....

The Brazilian guy is really talented too. Why isn't he on their soccer team? :)

I think Denver had an excellent draft, but they will probably still suck.

Also the LA Lakers made a decent move to get Tracy Murray to give them a little off teh bench forepwer.

Altho I don't follow basketball that much anymore....... this is a good looking dude isn't it?
0627sunsdraft.jpg

Guy goes to 6 different HS's, his mother has been arrested 23 times since 1974 and spent countless nights in various jails on charges ranging from felony grand theft to drug possession. His older brother, Hazell Jr., is doing time in a New York prison on drug and sexual abuse charges. Stoudemire was 12 when his father died in his sleep.

I hope he can keep his nose clean and make it in the NBA.......would be a great story. I am wondering if he already spent some of his bonus on those diamond earrrings and that suit.

Suns past:
• 1997: PG Stephen Jackson (No. 42, 2nd rd.) – Prepster from Virginia who would have had a difficult time making the cut at the University of Arizona where he was originally headed, much less the Suns'.

• 1998: No picks.

• 1999: SF Shawn Marion (No. 9, 1st rd.) – Savvy pick some criticized. Sometimes a superstar, sometimes a nice, complementary player. Not yet a full-blown NBA star.

• 2000: C Iakovos Tsakalidis (No. 25, 1st rd.) – Maybe Jake should have stayed in Greece. Save for about 10 minutes of flashing talent in his two-year career, Tsa.

• 2001: F Alton Ford (No. 51, 2nd rd.) – The Suns raved about Ford's big body on draft day, saying they couldn't wait to see him play. They were saying the same thing in May.

Top Bottom