Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

national championship OK vs LSU

Romo17 said:

Bottom line...You guys lost an important game and needed the computers to get you in. It's a crock and you know it.

Every system has error that need a quick fix once in a while. This is one of those times.

Game, set and match.

heh

Bottom line is that everyone lost at least one important game this year and needed the computers to get them in.

Try again.

You have to consider strength of schedule when deciding who goes to Title game. I dont think USC would be12-1 if they had a BIG12 schedule.

Anyway USC can make its case against a very good Michigan Team, and I hope OU or SC will lose because I hate Co-Champions.

The winner of the Rose should play the Winner of the Sugar for outright Champ - but it aint going to happen.

sh4dowf4lcon said:
You have to consider strength of schedule when deciding who goes to Title game. I dont think USC would be12-1 if they had a BIG12 schedule.

No kidding...they would never make it if they had to play teams like Texas, Nebraska, and K-State on a regular basis. Here are more reasons why USC should not play in the Sugar Bowl:

With all due respect to #3 USC, the teams most deserving of invitations to the Sugar Bowl are #1 Oklahoma and #2 LSU
All 3 teams have 1 loss, and USC simply has not beaten anywhere near the caliber of teams that Oklahoma and LSU have beaten:
Based on teams' current rankings, Oklahoma and LSU have each played 2 games vs. better teams than USC's toughest opponent, and they have each played 5 games vs. better teams than USC's 2nd-toughest opponent

USC has not played a current top-15 team, and the Trojans are only 2-1 vs. the current top-40, despite playing #38 and #40
The best team USC has beaten is #18 Washington St., while Oklahoma has beaten #5 Texas, and LSU has beaten #12 Georgia twice

The 2nd-best team USC has played is #38 Cal, which beat the Trojans

Oklahoma and LSU have each lost only to a current top-25 team (#16 Kansas St. and #24 Florida, respectively), and they have combined for 9 wins over teams currently ranked higher than Cal
As the following list shows, USC has posted only 2 of the 10 best wins by these 3 teams (based on teams' current rankings): 1. Oklahoma over #5 Texas, 2. (tie) LSU over #12 Georgia (regular season), 2. (tie) LSU over #12 Georgia (SEC championship game), 4. USC over #18 Washington St., 5. Oklahoma over #19 Oklahoma St., 6. LSU over #20 Arkansas, 7. LSU over #23 Mississippi, 8. Oklahoma over #31 Texas Tech, 9. Oklahoma over #32 Missouri, 10. (tie) USC over #40 Auburn, 10. (tie) LSU over #40 Auburn

In sum, the Trojans' top wins are over much worse teams than the Sooners and Tigers have beaten, and the Trojans' loss is to a much worse team too: Oklahoma and LSU deserve to play in the Sugar Bowl

Last edited:
Playoff system is needed. Stop playing conference games until December. They already start mid August anyway. No bye weeks, play until the end of November. Start a playoff system that lasts the month of December. Bowls don't lose out because the losers are then eligible to play in them.

Final 4 play New years day weekend, top 2 play the weekend after. Rotating schedule with the 4 major bowls like they do now for the National championship.

I don't want schools saying anything about exams. Nobody takes them anyway...haha

Romo17 said:
Playoff system is needed. Stop playing conference games until December. They already start mid August anyway. No bye weeks, play until the end of November. Start a playoff system that lasts the month of December. Bowls don't lose out because the losers are then eligible to play in them.

Final 4 play New years day weekend, top 2 play the weekend after. Rotating schedule with the 4 major bowls like they do now for the National championship.

I don't want schools saying anything about exams. Nobody takes them anyway...haha

Sounds like a plan to me. Hell, I would be happy if they just added a final bowl at the end of the year. That way, if there are 3 deserving teams, they could all play each other. Say the bowls are moved up one week. OU plays LSU and USC plays Michigan. The winners of those games play each other in the final National Championship Bowl.

Romo17 said:

Yea, but you guys lost a Conference championship game. The losses LSU and USC had were in the beginning of the year.

SO, they all have 1 loss, but yours came at the wrong time and certainly screwed over USC. The BCS is bullshit. The two teams who should be playing are USC and LSU.

This is the same BS that happened to Miami 3 years ago with FSU going to the championship game and Nebraska jumping over Oregon to play Miami. I don't care about strength of schedule, OU lost and shouldn't be playing for the title.

Case closed.

Dude you have no idea what SC schedule loks like. They only played one top 20 team all year? WTF? OU played like 6 teams in the top 20 and lost to one. Any number of teams could have went 11-1 with their schedule. Thy have schedule rankings out, do a sarch and see what I mean.
Maybe LSU should play TCU in the NC?They both had wussy schedules.

I wasn't talking about strength of schedules. I was saying OU lost an important game, their conference championship game which had a lot more riding then LSU or USC's loses in the beginning of the year.

Haven't the critics stated numerous times, it's better to lose in the beginning of the year than to lose at the end? Loses towards the end normally have a greater impact because most schools play their toughest comp at the end of the season which inturn affects the strength of schedule bs the BCS computers follow.

And no, I don't think TCU should play LSU. If I had to choose, I'd pick Rutgers to play LSU to really fuck the system up.

This fiacso is a perfect example of why the NCAA needs to go to a playoff format. Unfortunately, we all know it will never happen.

Just wait until my South Florida Bulls start sucking up all the talent in Florida!! Then there will be 4 primetime football schools in the Sunshine state...

heh

losing the last game of the year is supposed to = not playing for the national championship, they had nothing to play for then, if they were smart they should of just forfited the game and rested up for the sugar bowl, if usc wins the rose bowl everyone will recognize them as the champs anyways, i have heard talk that coaches will vote for them if they do win it, the AP is a lock for them if they win as it is

I mean I am just hammering on strength of schedule...beating a dead horse (no pun intended) so to speak...SC has played one top 20 team...OU has played near half of their games against top 25 programs...OU has beat down everybody...Kstate won the BIG12, but OU has proven all year they are the strongest in the nation.

IMO the BCS worked. OU vs LSU is what we should have...I mean fok TCU is 11-1 too. So just because 11-1 doesnt mean you should replace OU after their only loss. I would like to see another game aftrer the Rose and Sugar with the winner from each bowl battling it out. There should be a playoff, but there isn't. So I can say this BCS thing worked...the whole season is a playoff, and the 2 top teams are in the mix..SC did not have a tough schedule. Alot of teams could have went 11-1 with that schedule (TX, Kstate, Texas TEch, Ohio State, Fl State, Miami) all of them could have gone 11-1 or undefeated with their schedule. seriously, pull up their schedule and look at it.

All the teams and conferences agreed to the BCS, they are all getting millions and IMO the computer system is working...though we should have one more game (at least).

Top Bottom